Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver

Tim Bostonia

Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver
Running Vista Enterprise RTM...

I have a MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 with a MS Transceiver v 3.0 for
Bluetooth installed and stable (after much gnashing of teeth)...

Vista doesn't recognize the transceiver as a bluetooth device... no
bluetooth devices are enumerated or shown in device manager... the
transceiver does appear as a USB device in HID and the mouse is recognized
under Mouse and other pointing devices attached to the HID USB device...
Intellipoint for 32-bit Vista is installed and funcional...

Question then... how do you get the transceiver to behave as a bluetooth
device... ? how can it be used to connect other bluetooth devices, such as
cell phones, keyboards, etc. ? Alternatively, if I use some other USB
bluetooth transceiver (Vista compatible widcomm drivers/stack for example),
how can I get the MS mouse to use that ??

Tell me the MS transceiver is good ONLY for the packaged MS Mouse and I ask,
why did they bother making it bluetooth in the first place ??

Anyone got any ideas... ? thanks... t

Byron Hinson

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver
Believe it only works with that mouse, same as Logitech mini receivers only
work with Logitech Bluetooth boards.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveWin Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com

"Tim Bostonia" <mbostonia@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Running Vista Enterprise RTM...
>
> I have a MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 with a MS Transceiver v 3.0 for
> Bluetooth installed and stable (after much gnashing of teeth)...
>
> Vista doesn't recognize the transceiver as a bluetooth device... no
> bluetooth devices are enumerated or shown in device manager... the
> transceiver does appear as a USB device in HID and the mouse is recognized
> under Mouse and other pointing devices attached to the HID USB device...
> Intellipoint for 32-bit Vista is installed and funcional...
>
> Question then... how do you get the transceiver to behave as a bluetooth
> device... ? how can it be used to connect other bluetooth devices, such
> as cell phones, keyboards, etc. ? Alternatively, if I use some other USB
> bluetooth transceiver (Vista compatible widcomm drivers/stack for
> example), how can I get the MS mouse to use that ??
>
> Tell me the MS transceiver is good ONLY for the packaged MS Mouse and I
> ask, why did they bother making it bluetooth in the first place ??
>
> Anyone got any ideas... ? thanks... t

Joel Lucsy

Tim Bostonia wrote:
> Question then... how do you get the transceiver to behave as a bluetooth
> device... ? how can it be used to connect other bluetooth devices, such
> as cell phones, keyboards, etc. ? Alternatively, if I use some other
> USB bluetooth transceiver (Vista compatible widcomm drivers/stack for
> example), how can I get the MS mouse to use that ??

I'm not running Vista, but the mouse works with the built-in Bluetooth
on my notebook. You tell the bluetooth software to scan for devices,
then press that little button on the bottom of the mouse for about 5-10
seconds until the green light on the top flashes. They they'll sync
together and you should be all set.

--
Joel Lucsy
"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbno=?=

RE: Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver
MS Transceiver v 3.0 does work with other devices as well.
What you need to do is open the Mouse Properties in the Control Panel, click
the Wireless Tab and click Connect... after your Mouse is discovered, the
Intellipoint software will enable the Bluetooth stack and look for Bluetooth
- devices. If your mouse is discovered again as a Bluetooth device and if
drivers are found and installed within the next 5 min. or so, Intellipoint
will leave, the Bluetooth stack enabled and you will be able to connect your
mouse and other Bluetooth devices at the same time.
In my case, Intellipoint was not able to find and install the drivers so I
opened the Device Manager at the same time and installed the drivers
manually, as soon as the new Bluetooth devices were discovered.

hope this helps, Franz