Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards

mc

Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards

There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!

I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

mlai

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Wasn't those out since Jan29?
"mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message

> There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>
> It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>
> I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgS2lyaw==?=

RE: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my Dell
Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another box
that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I have
Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have to
wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to finsh
year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and got
this response today:

"Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista with
the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.

Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently
no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."

Thank You,
AMD

So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the All
In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that will
take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of course,
the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or guidance!

--
David Kirk

"mc" wrote:

> There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>
> It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>
> I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgS2lyaw==?=

RE: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
On more thing: I have a 37" Dell TV/Monitoron this system and would dearly
love to have a card with an HDMI output. Am I S.O.L is there such an animal
out there?
--
David Kirk

"David Kirk" wrote:

> Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my Dell
> Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another box
> that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I have
> Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have to
> wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to finsh
> year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
> wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and got
> this response today:
>
> "Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista with
> the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.
>
> Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
> Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently
> no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
> All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
>
> Thank You,
> AMD
>
> So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
> another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the All
> In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that will
> take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of course,
> the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or guidance!
>
> --
> David Kirk
>

> "mc" wrote:
>

> > There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
> >
> > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
> >
> > It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
> >
> > I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> > Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> > uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

246872 Jim McCree

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Here ya go......

A search of dell.com for HDMI Video showed this!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0948350

Jim

"David Kirk" <DavidKirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On more thing: I have a 37" Dell TV/Monitoron this system and would dearly
> love to have a card with an HDMI output. Am I S.O.L is there such an
> animal
> out there?
> --
> David Kirk
>

> "David Kirk" wrote:
>
>> Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my
>> Dell
>> Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another
>> box
>> that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I
>> have
>> Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have
>> wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to
>> finsh
>> year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
>> wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and
>> got
>> this response today:
>>
>> "Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista
>> with
>> the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.
>>
>> Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
>> Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is
>> currently
>> no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
>> All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
>>
>> Thank You,
>> AMD
>>
>> So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
>> another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the
>> All
>> In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that
>> will
>> take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of
>> course,
>> the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or
>> guidance!
>>
>> --
>> David Kirk
>>

>> "mc" wrote:
>>

>> > There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>> >
>> > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>> >
>> > It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>> >
>> > I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
>> > Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
>> > uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)
>> >

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 000716-1, 02/22/2007
> Tested on: 2/22/2007 6:35:34 PM

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgS2lyaw==?=

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Thanks, Jim. I really appreciate your going to all that trouble for me. It
doesn't appear to have aTV tuner, though. Am I missing it in the specs?
Also, I'mn so bad at reading specs ... is it actually an HMDI output or a
DVI-output with a DVI-to-HDMI cable? I can't quite sort that out.
--
David Kirk

"246872 Jim McCree" wrote:

> Here ya go......
>
> A search of dell.com for HDMI Video showed this!
>
> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0948350
>
> Jim
>

> "David Kirk" <DavidKirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > On more thing: I have a 37" Dell TV/Monitoron this system and would dearly
> > love to have a card with an HDMI output. Am I S.O.L is there such an
> > animal
> > out there?
> > --
> > David Kirk
> >

> > "David Kirk" wrote:
> >
> >> Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my
> >> Dell
> >> Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another
> >> box
> >> that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I
> >> have
> >> Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have
> >> wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to
> >> finsh
> >> year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
> >> wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and
> >> got
> >> this response today:
> >>
> >> "Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista
> >> with
> >> the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.
> >>
> >> Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
> >> Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is
> >> currently
> >> no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
> >> All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
> >>
> >> Thank You,
> >> AMD
> >>
> >> So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
> >> another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the
> >> All
> >> In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that
> >> will
> >> take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of
> >> course,
> >> the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or
> >> guidance!
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Kirk

> > ---
> > avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
> > Virus Database (VPS): 000716-1, 02/22/2007
> > Tested on: 2/22/2007 6:35:34 PM
> > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.

=?UTF-8?Q?Serge_Desch=C3=AAnes?=

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
David, we are all beginning to become IT spe******t with Windows Vista,
especially Vista 64. I have the TV Wonder Pro, that I had to physically
remove from my computer because it conflicted with Windows Vista 64 and ATI
will only publish a driver for it under Windows Vista 64 in june 2007. I
found that out on ATI site. You may probably find out on their site that
they may be working on a driver for your All-in-wonder 2006 card. By the
looks of it, being the first users of new OS has its thrill but also its
downside... the need for a lot of patience.

> Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my Dell
> Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another box
> that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I
> have
> Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have
> wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to finsh
> year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
> wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and
> got
> this response today:
>
> "Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista
> with
> the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.
>
> Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
> Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is
> currently
> no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
> All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
>
> Thank You,
> AMD
>
> So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
> another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the
> All
> In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that
> will
> take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of
> course,
> the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or
> guidance!
>
> --
> David Kirk
>

> "mc" wrote:
>

>> There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>>
>> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>>
>> It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>>
>> I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
>> Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
>> uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgS2lyaw==?=

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Man, you nailed that one, Serge. It never ceases to amaze me that companies
of these sizes with the resources and brainpower they have don't anticipate
and resolve these problems before their cutsomers become angry, disaffected
and work actively to dissuade others from buying their products. It
certainly demonstrates why Apple fans are so loyal. If I didn't know so much
about these &^%$#!(@ PCs after 24 years as an average user who has had to
invest thousands of hours making these crappy products and buggy software
work, I'd trash my tens of thousands of dollars in computer investment and
buy a bunch of Apple products and spend my time working with and enjoying my
computers rather than screwing around and wasting my time. Shame on the
bunch of them.
--
David Kirk

"Serge Deschênes" wrote:

> David, we are all beginning to become IT spe******t with Windows Vista,
> especially Vista 64. I have the TV Wonder Pro, that I had to physically
> remove from my computer because it conflicted with Windows Vista 64 and ATI
> will only publish a driver for it under Windows Vista 64 in june 2007. I
> found that out on ATI site. You may probably find out on their site that
> they may be working on a driver for your All-in-wonder 2006 card. By the
> looks of it, being the first users of new OS has its thrill but also its
> downside... the need for a lot of patience.
>

> "David Kirk" <DavidKirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Now I'm good and confused! I currently have a Radeon x200/x500 on my Dell
> > Dimenion 8400. I just removed an All-In-Wonder 2006 card from another box
> > that I had planned to install when I upgrade this computer to Vista. (I
> > have
> > Vista Ultimate sitting on my desk and it's driving me nuts 'cause I have
> > wait for the upgrade to QuickBooks to arrive and for my bookeeper to finsh
> > year end accounting before I make the big switch!) So in anticipation, I
> > wrote to AMD tech support for advice on installing the proper driver and
> > got
> > this response today:
> >
> > "Hi, only the GPU Graphics Processor Unit is supported on Windows Vista
> > with
> > the ALL IN WONDER 2006 PCIE.
> >
> > Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
> > Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is
> > currently
> > no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
> > All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
> >
> > Thank You,
> > AMD
> >
> > So this sounds to me like I have a $200 doorstop now, as someone said in
> > another thread. Assuming that the tech support people are right and the
> > All
> > In Wonder is essentialy useless, can someone recommend a video card that
> > will
> > take advangatge of all the features of Vista Ultimate, especially, of
> > course,
> > the media center/TV tuner functionalities? Thanks for any advice or
> > guidance!
> >
> > --
> > David Kirk
> >

> > "mc" wrote:
> >

> >> There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
> >>
> >> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
> >>
> >> It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
> >>
> >> I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> >> Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> >> uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

246872 Jim McCree

Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Tech Specs

Features Cable(s) included
256-Bit Ring Bus, 12-pixel Shader Engines, Ultra Threaded Core 3D
Architecture, Includes HDMI to DVI-D Adapter, Short Bracket Conversion Kit
HDMI Cable
Device Type Interface Type
Graphics Card PCI-E®
Min Operating System Min Processor Type
Windows® XP/XP Media Center Edition/2000/Vista™ Intel® Pentium® 4 /AMD
Athlon™ 64 / AMD Athlon XP™ or compatible with x16 PCI Express slot
Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type Slot(s) Required
HDMI or DVI-D / Component HDTV YPbPr Output / S-Video/Composite Video
TV-Out / VGA Connectors x16 PCI-E®
System Requirements Memory / Video Installed ( Max )
CD-ROM / DVD Drive, Correct Chipset Drivers, 350 Watt or Greater Power
Supply 256 MB
API Supported
Shader Model 3.0

TV Tuner for Dell Systems......

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...sku=A0961 903

Or Multiple selections......

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...&scat=prod&p=1

Yes...I work at a Dell Kiosk on Weekends here in Toledo.....LOL