USB drives are not installed

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Web_Design_&_Traduzioni_=28Lef=E8bvre=29?=

USB drives are not installed
Hi everybody,
I'm an italian webdesigner and I installed Windows Vista Business last week
(as un update from XP Pro).
Before update, I transfer all files on usb drives (Maxtor 3200 and Samsung
USB pendrive).
But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these and I can't work.
Does someone know what to do (maxtor and samsung have no vista drivers).
Win XP never asked me for drivers (it was simply plug and play) and of
course, you never find drivers with a pen drive.
Thanks for help

Eric

www.wuditi.it

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: USB drives are not installed
Especially if you have an ASUS board, AND you have over 2GB of RAM, reduce
the RAM to 2 GBs. With VISTA the USB headers on some ASUS boards won't work
properly if you have over 2GBs of RAM.

"Web Design & Traduzioni (Lef├Ębvre)" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I'm an italian webdesigner and I installed Windows Vista Business last week
> (as un update from XP Pro).
> Before update, I transfer all files on usb drives (Maxtor 3200 and Samsung
> USB pendrive).
> But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these and I can't work.
> Does someone know what to do (maxtor and samsung have no vista drivers).
> Win XP never asked me for drivers (it was simply plug and play) and of
> course, you never find drivers with a pen drive.
> Thanks for help
>
> Eric
>
> www.wuditi.it

Don

Web Design & Traduzioni (LefŔbvre) wrote:
> ...(Maxtor 3200 and Samsung USB pendrive).
> But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these...

I see several other similar posts, so I'm curious. I
just tried my USB sticks on Vista (as administrator) and
I got messages saying the drivers were being installed
and then the USB drive appeared. No problem. I then
logged on as an unprivileged user and the drives worked
well with no messages about drivers being installed.

What error message do you see, exactly? Were you an
administrator when you plugged in the drives? Do other
USB devices work properly on your machine?
Jacek Jurkowski

Re: USB drives are not installed
Don.

I'm an Administrator on my mahine and some
USB devices works fine (like f.e. HDD over
USE) but other won't work like f.e. flash drives,
other HDD or USB DVD burner. More. My USB
Printer (HP 1012) is not working and I know that
VISTA does have drivers fot it. Beside that printer worked
fine with VISTA after clean install. So, in my opinion,
some software installed later, after clean install, puts
VISTA into that cause of "forget" it's drivers location
or something ...

"Don" <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Web Design & Traduzioni (LefŔbvre) wrote:
>> ...(Maxtor 3200 and Samsung USB pendrive).
>> But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these...

> I see several other similar posts, so I'm curious. I
> just tried my USB sticks on Vista (as administrator) and
> I got messages saying the drivers were being installed
> and then the USB drive appeared. No problem. I then
> logged on as an unprivileged user and the drives worked
> well with no messages about drivers being installed.
>
> What error message do you see, exactly? Were you an
> administrator when you plugged in the drives? Do other
> USB devices work properly on your machine?

=?Utf-8?B?R2lvcmdpbw==?=

RE: USB drives are not installed
I have the same problem. It's the third time I reinstall Vista and always the
same problem after a couple of hours.