Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card
Hi,

I'm trying to find the Vista compatible drivers for this laptop video card:

Nvidia GeForce2 Go

I have this video card on my laptop. I have installed Windows Vista and
everything seems to be working fine except Vista doesn't come with a
compatible driver for this video card. I have looked up everywhere and I
can't find a video driver that will work with GeForce2 Go in Vista. I know
this card doesn't support Aero but I'm not worried about that, I just want to
be able to get higher resolutions.

If anyone knows where or how I can get these drivers I'd appreciate.

Thanks,

Daniel
=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

RE: Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card
Standard answer for this is that the graphics chipmakers produce reference
drivers which are supposed to be the basis for subsequent card-specific
driver releases by the OEMs. With desktop computers it's usually okay to
install the nVidia driver -- unless the maker of your graphics card card did
something loopy with the design. With notebook computers it gets a bit more
complicated. Almost always you'll have to wait for the manufacturer of the
notebook to release a driver specifically for your notebook to use under the
new OS. It takes a while, unusually / unfortunately.

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find the Vista compatible drivers for this laptop video card:
>
> Nvidia GeForce2 Go
>
> I have this video card on my laptop. I have installed Windows Vista and
> everything seems to be working fine except Vista doesn't come with a
> compatible driver for this video card. I have looked up everywhere and I
> can't find a video driver that will work with GeForce2 Go in Vista. I know
> this card doesn't support Aero but I'm not worried about that, I just want to
> be able to get higher resolutions.
>
> If anyone knows where or how I can get these drivers I'd appreciate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel

JW

Re: Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card
You might try this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./

"jimmuh" <jimmuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Standard answer for this is that the graphics chipmakers produce reference
> drivers which are supposed to be the basis for subsequent card-specific
> driver releases by the OEMs. With desktop computers it's usually okay to
> install the nVidia driver -- unless the maker of your graphics card card
> did
> something loopy with the design. With notebook computers it gets a bit
> more
> complicated. Almost always you'll have to wait for the manufacturer of the
> notebook to release a driver specifically for your notebook to use under
> the
> new OS. It takes a while, unusually / unfortunately.
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to find the Vista compatible drivers for this laptop video
>> card:
>>
>> Nvidia GeForce2 Go
>>
>> I have this video card on my laptop. I have installed Windows Vista and
>> everything seems to be working fine except Vista doesn't come with a
>> compatible driver for this video card. I have looked up everywhere and I
>> can't find a video driver that will work with GeForce2 Go in Vista. I
>> know
>> this card doesn't support Aero but I'm not worried about that, I just
>> want to
>> be able to get higher resolutions.
>>
>> If anyone knows where or how I can get these drivers I'd appreciate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Daniel

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card
Now that you mention it, I had heard of that site before. I'm glad you came
along. I'm going to do a little look-see at that site this evening to see
what I can learn. I'm particularly interested in seeing if the people there
have insight into any special modifications (if any) done by the notebook
manufacturers to the nVidia video subsystems they sell.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find the site to be useful, and here's hoping that
Daniel finds something there he can use.