will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners?

johnm

will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners?
I'm running an ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express card with the built-in TV
Tuner and FM Radio - less than 6 mos. old.
I finally got the display drivers working - I originally only had 1024x768
res on a widescreen Acer AL1916W, but it suddenly offered the 1440x900 res
option today, no idea how or why the change.

Vista's Media Center says "No Tuner Installed" if I try and watch TV.

ATI's site make no mention of whether they intend to offer an updated driver
or Multimedia Center download for these items to work in Vista.

Any insiders have any idea, or is it time to stop buying ATI cards? ..some
vendors just love to stop supporting even their newer hardware in an effort
to force you to buy a new one... <sigh>

Robert Moir

Re: will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners?
johnm wrote:

> Any insiders have any idea, or is it time to stop buying ATI cards? ..some
> vendors just love to stop supporting even their newer hardware
> in an effort to force you to buy a new one... <sigh>

No idea what they plan to do in the end, but I thought I'd point out it took
a while when XP was launched for full and proper drivers for stuff to
appear, so the current situation doesn't appear odd to me at the moment.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=

RE: will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners?
I also have several of those cards, and I posted a tech support message on
the ati site. They told me that no TV tuner drivers will be supported on the
product. I wrote back that i will not accept this answer. We have been going
back and forth on this. I encourage you to do the same thing, goto ati's web
site, and open a support ticket. I also posted this on www.2cpu.com under
their vista forum, and also on the www.rage3d.com AIW forum!! Lets all blast
ATI till we get what we want!!!

"johnm" wrote:

> I'm running an ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express card with the built-in TV
> Tuner and FM Radio - less than 6 mos. old.
> I finally got the display drivers working - I originally only had 1024x768
> res on a widescreen Acer AL1916W, but it suddenly offered the 1440x900 res
> option today, no idea how or why the change.
>
> Vista's Media Center says "No Tuner Installed" if I try and watch TV.
>
> ATI's site make no mention of whether they intend to offer an updated driver
> or Multimedia Center download for these items to work in Vista.
>
> Any insiders have any idea, or is it time to stop buying ATI cards? ..some
> vendors just love to stop supporting even their newer hardware in an effort
> to force you to buy a new one... <sigh>

jo

Re: will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners?
I dont know specifically about your card but i use an x1300 video and a tv
wonder elite pci. Works just fine. I did however have to install a dvd
playing software to get media center to recognize everything properly. I
don.t remeber exactly what I installed but it was the codecs that were
necessary and not the program itself.

i would resist installing any ATI drivers as they just are a bit flaky and
were not required with my 2 ATI products. Another note is that no matter
what I try the ATI remote control will not work.