Cruzer devise incompatible

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpY2tzTG92ZUNob2NvbGF0ZQ==?=

Cruzer devise incompatible
I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the micro
Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I need
on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it Vista
that is doing it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Dustin Harper

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
Does it give an error when you try installing it? I have a similar
Cruzer that works (although a 1GB rather than a 2GB).

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com

ChicksLoveChocolate wrote:
> I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the micro
> Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I need
> on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it Vista
> that is doing it?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
My 2GB Cruzer works fine with Vista, as well. I wonder if yours is
defective, or maybe your Dell's HD is so fast that it sees the Cruzer as a
slower virtual memory resource (this doesn't seem likely, but I've yet to
see an adequate explanation of exactly how Vista "decides" whether a USB
memory device qualified. I have a 1GB USB drive that Vista won't use.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> Does it give an error when you try installing it? I have a similar Cruzer
> that works (although a 1GB rather than a 2GB).
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> ChicksLoveChocolate wrote:
>> I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the
>> micro Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files
>> that I need on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility
>> and is it Vista that is doing it?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Moir

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
> My 2GB Cruzer works fine with Vista, as well. I wonder if yours is
> defective, or maybe your Dell's HD is so fast that it sees the Cruzer
> as a slower virtual memory resource (this doesn't seem likely, but
> I've yet to see an adequate explanation of exactly how Vista
> "decides" whether a USB memory device qualified. I have a 1GB USB
> drive that Vista won't use.

Motherboard chipset drivers not all they could be? If the chipset or USB
drivers are not spot on then the USB ports are nothing more than rather
poorly styled airholes, after all.

Joseph Macari

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
I also have a Cruzer Micro 2GB (I removed U3 software and reformatted with
NTFS) that works fine with Readyboost ; I also have a 1gb Micro that
works....

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> Does it give an error when you try installing it? I have a similar Cruzer
> that works (although a 1GB rather than a 2GB).
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> ChicksLoveChocolate wrote:
>> I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the
>> micro Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files
>> that I need on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility
>> and is it Vista that is doing it?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

Nameless

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
I have the same problem with micro Cruzer 2.0 GB from Sandisk and my new
Dell computer with Vista installed. I can't imagine Dell having this as
part of there computer package if it was not compatibale with Vista, but who
knows. Tried to install and it just says installation was not successfull.
Anyway folks, any real help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

"ChicksLoveChocolate" <ChicksLoveChocolate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:F2BC4F46-AC62-446E-A6BD-365E054680B1@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the
>micro
> Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I
> need
> on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it
> Vista
> that is doing it?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Nonymous

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
"Joseph Macari" <jmacari1@cox.net> wrote in

> I also have a Cruzer Micro 2GB (I removed U3 software and reformatted
> with NTFS) that works fine with Readyboost ; I also have a 1gb Micro
> that works....

I have a two Cruzer Micros (4GB and 1GB) that work fine in Vista, but they
show up in Device Manager as yellow exclamation marks under the DVD/CD Roms
section. They also show up in device manager as working USB devices, too.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
One of Dell's hallmarks is supposed to be 24/7 support. Pick up the phone
and call them and ask "What gives?" The failure rate on USB drives is high
enough that I would suspect the USB device before anything else. Get them to
ship you a replacement (hopefully, from a different manufacturing lot).

--
"Nameless" <Vistauser@helpneeded.net> wrote in message
>I have the same problem with micro Cruzer 2.0 GB from Sandisk and my new
>Dell computer with Vista installed. I can't imagine Dell having this as
>part of there computer package if it was not compatibale with Vista, but
>who knows. Tried to install and it just says installation was not
>successfull. Anyway folks, any real help here would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> "ChicksLoveChocolate" <ChicksLoveChocolate@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>>I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the
>>micro
>> Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I
>> need
>> on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it
>> Vista
>> that is doing it?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

PB Henry

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
I too cannot get my new HP Pavillion 9230 with Vista Home Premium to
recognize my Cruzer Mini's (512, 1GB and 2GB).

I just had a long 'phone call with SanDisk support -- they confirm that they
currently don't have Vista drivers for the Cruzer Mini family -- but they're
working on it. However, they couldn't give any dates as to availibility --
only "check back on the SanDisk support site occasionally"!

Cheers,

Phil

"ChicksLoveChocolate" <ChicksLoveChocolate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:F2BC4F46-AC62-446E-A6BD-365E054680B1@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the
>micro
> Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I
> need
> on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it
> Vista
> that is doing it?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

HDFatBoy2003

Re: Cruzer devise incompatible
I've got a Cruzer Micro 512mb attached to my Vista Ultimate x64 without any
problem. - reads and writes to it are okay. Even learned just recently,
how to get rid of that stupid U3 launcher app they put on it.