hardware autoplay options........

Craig Williamson

hardware autoplay options........
Hello,
I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows
Vista Ultimate until a few days ago.
Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't get
the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It used to ask
me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask me every time as
it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting, starting my
device but no options pop up. I would like to get this working as before if
possible, it's easier when windows pop's up and asks me what I want to do.
Thanks,
Craig

PB Henry

Re: hardware autoplay options........
From the 'Start' menu, open the control panel and then double-click the
"Autoplay" control.

In there you will find options for every type of media and also should see
options for other devices. (For example, my MP3 player shows up here).

Use the dialogs to set the behaviour you want.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Phil

"Craig Williamson " <cwmson@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows
> Vista Ultimate until a few days ago.
> Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't get
> the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It used to
> ask me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask me every
> time as it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting,
> starting my device but no options pop up. I would like to get this working
> as before if possible, it's easier when windows pop's up and asks me what
> I want to do.
> Thanks,
> Craig

Craig Williamson

Re: hardware autoplay options........
PB Henry,

From my original post I have already tried that and it didn't work for me.

Thanks,

Craig

"PB Henry" <dontspam@me.xxx> wrote in message
> From the 'Start' menu, open the control panel and then double-click the
> "Autoplay" control.
>
> In there you will find options for every type of media and also should see
> options for other devices. (For example, my MP3 player shows up here).
>
> Use the dialogs to set the behaviour you want.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil
>
> "Craig Williamson " <cwmson@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows
>> Vista Ultimate until a few days ago.
>> Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't
>> get the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It used
>> to ask me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask me
>> every time as it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried
>> rebooting, starting my device but no options pop up. I would like to get
>> this working as before if possible, it's easier when windows pop's up and
>> asks me what I want to do.
>> Thanks,
>> Craig

PB Henry

Re: hardware autoplay options........
Sorry Craig -- I missed that since you got there via a somewhat different
path.

> PB Henry,
>
> From my original post I have already tried that and it didn't work for me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig
>

> "PB Henry" <dontspam@me.xxx> wrote in message
>> From the 'Start' menu, open the control panel and then double-click the
>> "Autoplay" control.
>>
>> In there you will find options for every type of media and also should
>> see options for other devices. (For example, my MP3 player shows up
>> here).
>>
>> Use the dialogs to set the behaviour you want.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> "Craig Williamson " <cwmson@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows
>>> Vista Ultimate until a few days ago.
>>> Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't
>>> get the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It
>>> used to ask me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask
>>> me every time as it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried
>>> rebooting, starting my device but no options pop up. I would like to get
>>> this working as before if possible, it's easier when windows pop's up
>>> and asks me what I want to do.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig