I need a Vista Ready Scanner

=?Utf-8?B?U3RhdnJvczY5?=

I need a Vista Ready Scanner
HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a Vista
driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.

What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

Jason

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
I know that Dell recently released Vista drivers for there All in one printer. The Dell 966 Printer.

--
Jason
Windows Vista RTM
"Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014CE774-6B96-4845-AFED-F48A3DE9835B@microsoft.com...
HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a Vista
driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.

What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

Doug

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
I have an HP4c and an HP 6100c Scanjet with ADF, both are over 10 years old
and both work in Vista Ultimate.
I just use the Deskscan II software, it too is almost 10 years old. Works
great.

Doug

"Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a
> Vista
> driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
> After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.
>
> What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

BigJim

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
I think Lexmark has a couple with vista drivers
"Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a
> Vista
> driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
> After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.
>
> What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

Peter M

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
Most canon canoscan 4200F and above xxxxF series have vista drivers now.

"Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a
> Vista
> driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
> After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.
>
> What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

ragepro7

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner

I have an Epson Photo 4490 that has Vista x64 and x86 drivers. Works
like a champ.

--
ragepro7
ragepro7's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21673

http://forums.techarena.in

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
Like Doug I am using old HP stuff in VISTA.

My scanner is an SJ 5P scsi connected with an Adaptec 19160 card --
both are detected by Device Manager without any flags but to scan I had
to install the old Deskscan 2.9 software which uses TWAIN -- exactly as
I had to in W2K and XP <g>

Back in the oldfashioned days TeamHP preferred the old Deskscan
software to the newer one that replaced it.

No problems with my LJ2200d or my PS8250 injet.

My advice is plug it in and see what happens. Then look for solutions
like here.

David Sommers

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
I had no trouble with my Epson 4490 PHOTO scanner when I upgraded to Vista.
The Epson drivers seem just fine.

Bye.

"Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a
> Vista
> driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
> After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.
>
> What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

Carl G

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
My Epson V350 works on Vista.
Had to go to website for drivers though.

--
Carl G

"David Sommers" <dsommers@ACM.org> wrote in message
>I had no trouble with my Epson 4490 PHOTO scanner when I upgraded to Vista.
>The Epson drivers seem just fine.
>
> Bye.
>
> "Stavros69" <Stavros69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP on there website informed me that they have no intention of making a
>> Vista
>> driver for the 3400c Scanner and that I should purchase a new HP Scanner.
>> After that I have no intentions of purchasing a HP scanner ever again.
>>
>> What scanners are available that are Vista ready?

Michael

Re: I need a Vista Ready Scanner
The HP DeskJet F380 All-in-One printer, scanner, copier works perfectly.

The Vista drivers are on their website and work great.