Compatible TV Tuners?

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gUmVhZGluZw==?=

Compatible TV Tuners?
I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center
using my television running on Windows Vista.

The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible TV
Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on a
budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI All-in-Wonder
card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can use
with Windows Media Center?

Thanks for all your help!

Brian
Anthony Marsh

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
Brian Reading wrote:
> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center
> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>
> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible TV
> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on a
> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI All-in-Wonder
> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can use
> with Windows Media Center?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Brian

The Hauppauge 1600 is supposed to work. At least the hardware and
software are Vista ready. I have not gotten the connections right to
know how well it works yet.
They are selling at CompUSA for $80 after rebate.
ragepro7

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?

I have the Diamond MM PVR560 and it works great. The CD didn't have
Vista drivers but i was able to download them online easily. Installed
the drivers, fired up Media Center and the rest is history. Vista Media
center is better than the packaged TV software IMHO.

--
ragepro7
ragepro7's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21673

http://forums.techarena.in

Keith

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
I'm running the HVR-1600 under Ultimate X64 and using GB-PVR to view TV.
Interestingly WinTV does not work, I don't know if it is because I have a
Satellite or not. I'm not using it under Media Center because I don't have
a MCE Remote.

"Anthony Marsh" <anthony_marsh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Q4ednYvL77KexlvYnZ2dnUVZ_qWvnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Brian Reading wrote:
>> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media
>> center using my television running on Windows Vista.
>>
>> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible
>> TV Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm
>> on a budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI
>> All-in-Wonder card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an
>> All-in-Wonder card I can use with Windows Media Center?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help!
>>
>> Brian

> The Hauppauge 1600 is supposed to work. At least the hardware and software
> are Vista ready. I have not gotten the connections right to know how well
> it works yet.
> They are selling at CompUSA for $80 after rebate.

GBK

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
no current all-in-wonder card works with Media Center.. 2005 or Vista.

"Brian Reading" <Brian Reading@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center
> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>
> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible
> TV
> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on
> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI
> All-in-Wonder
> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can
> use
> with Windows Media Center?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Brian

JW

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
Current AIW cards work fine in MCE2005 ever since ATI upgraded their
software encoder for the tuner from MCE2004 to work in MCE 2005. You have
to install their MMI application and the ATI decoder that comes from the
same download screen. Sorry I don't have the link on the ATI website to
describe the installation steps in detail. MS of course does not approve
these drivers ince they contain a software encoder, however, they can not
prevent them from working.
Corresponding drivers for the AIW tuners for the Vista OS have not yet been
released.

"GBK" <gwiz49@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> no current all-in-wonder card works with Media Center.. 2005 or Vista.
>
> "Brian Reading" <Brian Reading@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media
>> center
>> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>>
>> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible
>> TV
>> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on
>> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI
>> All-in-Wonder
>> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can
>> use
>> with Windows Media Center?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help!
>>
>> Brian

=?Utf-8?B?S2xz?=

RE: Compatible TV Tuners?
I have a TV Wonder 550 from ATI. Worked great. Installed it first, them Vista.

"Brian Reading" wrote:

> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center
> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>
> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible TV
> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on a
> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI All-in-Wonder
> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can use
> with Windows Media Center?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Brian

MICHAEL

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
Works for me.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/dualtvmce.html

NVIDIA DualTV MCE

"Brian Reading" <Brian Reading@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center
> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>
> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible TV
> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on a
> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI All-in-Wonder
> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can use
> with Windows Media Center?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Brian

Chris

Re: Compatible TV Tuners?
Hi, my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 works fine, they have version 3.3c drivers
for vista, not sure what other models are suitable. Best you check out their
forum here http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/forum.html
ChrisC

"MICHAEL" <u158627_emr@dslr.net> wrote in message
> Works for me.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/page/dualtvmce.html
>
> NVIDIA DualTV MCE
>

> "Brian Reading" <Brian Reading@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media
>> center
>> using my television running on Windows Vista.
>>
>> The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible
>> TV
>> Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on
>> budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI
>> All-in-Wonder
>> card, but can anyone tell me just how old of an All-in-Wonder card I can
>> use
>> with Windows Media Center?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help!
>>
>> Brian

=?Utf-8?B?aG9ib2pvZV8yMDA2?=

to KLS
Thats messed up...I have an ATI TV Wonder Elite (550 Pro with a fancy name)
and Vista won't even boot with my card in. I've tried everything and I can't
get it going....