ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express - drivers?

johnm

ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express - drivers?
A quick search of the group didn't turn anything up, so forgive me if this
has already been answered.
I'm using the ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express video card, < 6 months old.

Vista didn't recognize it (huh?) - and the TV Tuner portion isn't working, I
expected the tuner wouldn't work as the Ugrade Advisor said I'd need a
driver for the ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver, but the video card??

I found on ATI's site, what appears to be the correct driver:
Vista 32-bit, All-In-Wonder 2006 Series.

Installed it, and the best resolution I can get is 1024x768 - that on an
Acer AL1916W widescreen monitor - Vista doesn't recognize the monitor
either, calling it a "Non-PNP" device... which isn't true...

Anyway - has anyone gotten this card to work or found a decent driver?
At this point, I don't care about the TV Tuner, but I sure would like to see
more resolution choices....

I sure hope ATI isn't going to pull their usual and refuse to release
drivers.

tia

johnm

Re: ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express - drivers?
hmmm. never mind... found it.

while playing with the settings to extend my desktop to my 2nd monitor, the
new resolution options just appeared.... strange

"johnm" <johnm@msn.com> wrote in message
>A quick search of the group didn't turn anything up, so forgive me if this
>has already been answered.
> I'm using the ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express video card, < 6 months
> old.
>
> Vista didn't recognize it (huh?) - and the TV Tuner portion isn't working,
> I expected the tuner wouldn't work as the Ugrade Advisor said I'd need a
> driver for the ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver, but the video card??
>
> I found on ATI's site, what appears to be the correct driver:
> Vista 32-bit, All-In-Wonder 2006 Series.
>
> Installed it, and the best resolution I can get is 1024x768 - that on an
> Acer AL1916W widescreen monitor - Vista doesn't recognize the monitor
> either, calling it a "Non-PNP" device... which isn't true...
>
> Anyway - has anyone gotten this card to work or found a decent driver?
> At this point, I don't care about the TV Tuner, but I sure would like to
> see more resolution choices....
>
> I sure hope ATI isn't going to pull their usual and refuse to release
> drivers.
>
> tia

p5_2002

ATI AIW 2006 PCI Express
I have been emailing back and forth with ATI support. The drivers for the video card come with Vista, but the TV tuner is not supported. You can go to their website and download the Vista version of Catalyst and see how that goes.

Hope this helps. I am a little annoyed that they are not supporting the TV tuner as this is why I bought this card. Mine is only 4 months and it appears it is money thrown away!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
ATIuser

ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Vista drivers
I also bought it for the TV tuner capability and thought that this was compatible with Vista - I hope they will have the drivers soon ....
Catalyst works fine though

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
JW

Re: ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Vista drivers
There are reports that ATI will support the recent models of the AIW tuners
with mon MS approved CPU intensive software encoders for VISTA altough it
appears that this will not happen until after they have supported all of
their Vista compatible graphics cards with drivers that take advantage of
all of the graphic card performace enhanements that are included in Vista
which will then make it easier for them to provide software encoders for the
tuners of recent generation AIW cards which they still sell.
<ATIuser> wrote in message news:200721521478bchundru@yahoo.com...
>I also bought it for the TV tuner capability and thought that this was
>compatible with Vista - I hope they will have the drivers soon ....
> Catalyst works fine though

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Tom Lake

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> There are reports that ATI will support the recent models of the AIW
> tuners with mon MS approved CPU intensive software encoders for VISTA
> altough it appears that this will not happen until after they have
> supported all of their Vista compatible graphics cards with drivers that
> take advantage of all of the graphic card performace enhanements that are
> included in Vista which will then make it easier for them to provide
> software encoders for the tuners of recent generation AIW cards which they
> still sell.

I have some extra periods for sale if you'd like to buy some for your prose!
8^)

Tom Lake