Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive

=?Utf-8?B?SGF0aW5nIFZpc3RhIEFscmVhZHk=?=

Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive
Vista keeps liking to lose my other internal hard drive it will be there,
then the next minute it will disappear of it's not being accessed. Any ideas?
This is my last straw with this. If no help with my 26 of 26 problem this
time, I'm going back to XP. I never had this many problems since windows 95.
CPU Killer

Re: Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive
On Feb 3, 11:37 pm, Hating Vista Already
<HatingVistaAlre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Vistakeeps liking to lose my other internalharddriveit will be there,
> then the next minute it will disappear of it's not being accessed. Any ideas?
> This is my last straw with this. If no help with my 26 of 26 problem this
> time, I'm going back to XP. I never had this many problems since windows 95.

I'm having this same problem, I'll be going along fine then both my
drives on my main IDE controller just disappear. (My windows drive is
SATA), but my 2nd IDE controller keeps working just fine (all it has
is my DVD burner on it)

=?Utf-8?B?SGF0aW5nIFZpc3RhIEFscmVhZHk=?=

Re: Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive
I found that If I didn't use that window slideshow for photos, it quit doing
it. But Non the less, I had to go back to XP which Vista wouldn't let me
install either. I had to reformat everything back to factory defaults with XP

"CPU Killer" wrote:

> On Feb 3, 11:37 pm, Hating Vista Already
> <HatingVistaAlre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Vistakeeps liking to lose my other internalharddriveit will be there,
> > then the next minute it will disappear of it's not being accessed. Any ideas?
> > This is my last straw with this. If no help with my 26 of 26 problem this
> > time, I'm going back to XP. I never had this many problems since windows 95.

> I'm having this same problem, I'll be going along fine then both my
> drives on my main IDE controller just disappear. (My windows drive is
> SATA), but my 2nd IDE controller keeps working just fine (all it has
> is my DVD burner on it)

CPU Killer

Re: Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive
On Mar 9, 9:20 am, Hating Vista Already
<HatingVistaAlre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I found that If I didn't use that window slideshow for photos, it quit doing
> it. But Non the less, I had to go back to XP whichVistawouldn't let me
> install either. I had to reformat everything back to factory defaults with XP
>
> "CPU Killer" wrote:
> > On Feb 3, 11:37 pm, HatingVistaAlready
> > <HatingVistaAlre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Vistakeeps liking to lose my other internalharddriveit will be there,
> > > then the next minute it will disappear of it's not being accessed. Any ideas?
> > > This is my last straw with this. If no help with my 26 of 26 problem this
> > > time, I'm going back to XP. I never had this many problems since windows 95.

> > I'm having this same problem, I'll be going along fine then both my
> > drives on my main IDE controller just disappear. (My windowsdriveis
> > SATA), but my 2nd IDE controller keeps working just fine (all it has
> > is my DVD burner on it)

I'm not using the slideshow, but I do have the sidebar on. Do you have
your sidebar completely off, or just have the slideshow disabled?