Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

=?Utf-8?B?YWxpc29u?=

Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho
Hi.

I just bought this new system last night. Upon set-up there was a .txt
about bluetooth stack installation guide. It stated "Bluetooth Stack
Installation Guide
This document guides users to install or upgrade the Bluetooth Stack on
Windows Vista." So i followed the directions and uninstalled the previous
version and downloaded in the new version. Unfortunately upon installing, I
keep getting error msgs. Most of them said either "could not create key" or
"could not write value PRIORITY to key". Has anyone else had this problem?
If so were you able to fix it? Thanks.
krlecarp@gmail.com

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho
On Feb 3, 8:17 pm, alison <ali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just bought this new system last night. Upon set-up there was a .txt
> aboutbluetoothstackinstallation guide. It stated "BluetoothStack
> Installation Guide
> This document guides users to install or upgrade theBluetoothStackon
> WindowsVista." So i followed the directions and uninstalled the previous
> version and downloaded in the new version. Unfortunately upon installing, I
> keep getting error msgs. Most of them said either "could not create key" or
> "could not write value PRIORITY to key". Has anyone else had this problem?
> If so were you able to fix it? Thanks.

I have this exact same problem with the exact same model. I have
uninstalled, and while trying to install, I cannot because I don't
have admin privelages! Hopefully someone figures this out and lets us
know.

chinga69

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

right click on the install file and run as administrator

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
krlecarp@gmail.com

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho
Chinga69,
I've tried that a number of times. I have uninstalled anything
related to windows and toshiba bluetooth stacks, I definitely have
admin privelages, I have restarted my machine and closed everything,
and I still get the error "Error 1401. Could not create key \SOFTWARE
\Toshiba\BluetoothStack\V1.0\EZC\SupportService\00 0200\HFP. Verify
you have access to that key, or contact your support personnel." Any
other suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Kyle

chinga69

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

have you taken ownership of the drive that might help

go to drive security advanced then owner

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
krlecarp@gmail.com

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

Yes, I verified that. Continuing my research, it appears that the
registry key is possibly corrupt. I can see all other keys for the
system except this one. I have created another admin account, and no
luck. I went into safe mode, still can't view it. I have turned off
UAC. I feel like am exausting everythin I can think of. If you have
any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

chinga69

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

you wont be able to see it becuase it cant create it
sorry out of ideas apart from trying to install on another system if
you have access to one.

Could not create key \SOFTWARE
\Toshiba\BluetoothStack\V1.0\EZC\SupportService\00 0200\HFP. Verify

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
krlecarp@gmail.com

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho
Actually, there is already a key under \SOFTWARE\Toshiba
\BluetoothStack, which I cannot view, delete, or edit. This is why
the other one cannot write over it when installing. I think that this
may not have been uninstalled properly or fully, or is corrup tin some
way or another. If I could remove this somehow, then I feel like the
software will be able to create the new registry keys. I appreciate
you trying to help.
Kyle

chinga69

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

ok under software keys have you tried to create a new key and manualy
add it

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
warmonger

Re: Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho

I have a problem with my bluetooth system in my HP 9000 laptop with
vista ultimate.
I had originally vista Premium and bluetooth was used with my mobile
phone to connect with internet. After changing it to Vista ultimate, my
blue tooth doesnt function. First it was driver problem as prompted.
Even after installing the device driver, it cant recoganize my
bluetooth enabled mobile phone.
Any body can help me ?

--
warmonger