ACPI Event Erros

Freska

ACPI Event Erros
Hello Vista People!

Can someone help me please.

I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ
for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0"

I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has
anyone found a solution to the problem?

My Vitals are:

Vista Ultimate x86 (32bit)
ASUS M2N-E
X2-5200+
GeForce GT7900GT KO
2GB XMS PC2-6400

Thanks for any comments.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

RE: ACPI Event Erros
If you are not using your onboard MIDI and game port disable them in BIOS ,
I did this and my same unknown device errors went away.

Look at the last post here for info , good luck.

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t25729.html

"Freska" wrote:

> Hello Vista People!
>
> Can someone help me please.
>
> I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ
> for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0"
>
> I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has
> anyone found a solution to the problem?
>
> My Vitals are:
>
> Vista Ultimate x86 (32bit)
> ASUS M2N-E
> X2-5200+
> GeForce GT7900GT KO
> 2GB XMS PC2-6400
>
> Thanks for any comments.

Freska

Re: ACPI Event Erros
Thanks for the comments & link Rob. I should have noted in my initial post
that I do not have any unknown devices indicated in the Device Mgr.
Everything looks great, it's just the ACPI Errors that I see in the Event
Viewer. I have not disabled the onboard MIDI and game port in bios to see
if these errors disappear. Perhaps I should give it a go to see.
"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you are not using your onboard MIDI and game port disable them in BIOS
> ,
> I did this and my same unknown device errors went away.
>

> Look at the last post here for info , good luck.
>
> http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t25729.html
>

> "Freska" wrote:
>
>> Hello Vista People!
>>
>> Can someone help me please.
>>
>> I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ
>> for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0"
>>
>> I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has
>> anyone found a solution to the problem?
>>
>> My Vitals are:
>>
>> Vista Ultimate x86 (32bit)
>> ASUS M2N-E
>> X2-5200+
>> GeForce GT7900GT KO
>> 2GB XMS PC2-6400
>>
>> Thanks for any comments.

=?Utf-8?B?YnJvY2NvbGliZWVm?=

RE: ACPI Event Erros
I have disabled the onboard devices that you have mentioned, but I still get
the same ACPI errors that the original poster has mentioned. I was going to
ask the question myself, and I am glad that someone else has asked it before
me!

I have the ASUS A8N-E motherboard with BIOS 1008.

Any info is appreciated!

"Rob" wrote:

> If you are not using your onboard MIDI and game port disable them in BIOS ,
> I did this and my same unknown device errors went away.
>

> Look at the last post here for info , good luck.
>
> http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t25729.html
>

> "Freska" wrote:
>
> > Hello Vista People!
> >
> > Can someone help me please.
> >
> > I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ
> > for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0"
> >
> > I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has
> > anyone found a solution to the problem?
> >
> > My Vitals are:
> >
> > Vista Ultimate x86 (32bit)
> > ASUS M2N-E
> > X2-5200+
> > GeForce GT7900GT KO
> > 2GB XMS PC2-6400
> >
> > Thanks for any comments.

Freska

Re: ACPI Event Erros
Update to my first post:

1. Updated to latest BIOS however problem remains.

2. I had a response from ASUS and they suggested I update the driver for
the ATK0110 Utility Driver. They have new drivers for Vista 32bit and 64
bit. However, after updating my driver, the errors remain.

3. I found the following on MS Support site:

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot number,
function number. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

CAUSE

This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component
Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does
not support line-based interrupts.

RESOLUTION

This error message may safely be ignored.

Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are
true: • A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in Device
Manager.
• You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box for
the device in Device Manager:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take
additional steps to troubleshoot this issue.

If I hear anything further from ASUSthat helps, I'll post back Until then
I'm ignoring it

"broccolibeef" <broccolibeef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have disabled the onboard devices that you have mentioned, but I still
>get
> the same ACPI errors that the original poster has mentioned. I was going
> ask the question myself, and I am glad that someone else has asked it
> before
> me!
>
> I have the ASUS A8N-E motherboard with BIOS 1008.
>
> Any info is appreciated!
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> If you are not using your onboard MIDI and game port disable them in
>> BIOS ,
>> I did this and my same unknown device errors went away.
>>

>> Look at the last post here for info , good luck.
>>
>> http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t25729.html
>>

>> "Freska" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Vista People!
>> >
>> > Can someone help me please.
>> >
>> > I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an
>> > IRQ
>> > for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0"
>> >
>> > I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has
>> > anyone found a solution to the problem?
>> >
>> > My Vitals are:
>> >
>> > Vista Ultimate x86 (32bit)
>> > ASUS M2N-E
>> > X2-5200+
>> > GeForce GT7900GT KO
>> > 2GB XMS PC2-6400
>> >
>> > Thanks for any comments.

Ron Miller

Re: ACPI Event Erros
Freska wrote:
> Update to my first post:
>
> 1. Updated to latest BIOS however problem remains.
>
> 2. I had a response from ASUS and they suggested I update the driver
> for the ATK0110 Utility Driver. They have new drivers for Vista 32bit
> and 64 bit. However, after updating my driver, the errors remain.

snip
I have an Asus A8N-SLI board, and Windows Update supplied me with a new
Vista ATK0110 driver on the first reboot after installation. It
required no effort or input from me. You might try manually starting a
Windows Update to see if that process yields a driver that gets rid of
the error messages. That said, I've run this motherboard under both XP
and Vista withOUT the ATK0110 driver, and it never caused any error
messages. All it did was cause an "unknown device" in Device manager.

Cymbal Man Freq.

Re: ACPI Event Erros
Sounds like a South Bridge manufacturing defect to me. Need a newer mobo?
nForce 590 per chance instead? The nForce 4 series had a lot of I/O issues that
crashed hard drives.

But, I may be deaf today.

"Freska" <lancew70@gmail.com> wrote in message
| Update to my first post:
|
| 1. Updated to latest BIOS however problem remains.
|
| 2. I had a response from ASUS and they suggested I update the driver for
| the ATK0110 Utility Driver. They have new drivers for Vista 32bit and 64
| bit. However, after updating my driver, the errors remain.
|
| 3. I found the following on MS Support site:

| IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot number,
| function number. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
|
| CAUSE
|
| This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component
| Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does
| not support line-based interrupts.
|
| RESOLUTION
|
| This error message may safely be ignored.
|
| Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are
| true: . A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in Device
| Manager.
| . You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box for
| the device in Device Manager:
| This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
| In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take
| additional steps to troubleshoot this issue.
|
| If I hear anything further from ASUSthat helps, I'll post back Until then
| I'm ignoring it
|

| "broccolibeef" <broccolibeef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I have disabled the onboard devices that you have mentioned, but I still
| >get
| > the same ACPI errors that the original poster has mentioned. I was going
| > ask the question myself, and I am glad that someone else has asked it
| > before
| > me!
| >
| > I have the ASUS A8N-E motherboard with BIOS 1008.
| >
| > Any info is appreciated!
| >
| > "Rob" wrote:
| >
| >> If you are not using your onboard MIDI and game port disable them in
| >> BIOS ,
| >> I did this and my same unknown device errors went away.
| >>

| >> Look at the last post here for info , good luck.
| >>
| >> http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t25729.html

Freska

Re: ACPI Event Erros
You might be correct Cymbal Man. Although, I've had zero problems with the
M2N-E. Many had early problems because of RAM but my board came with BIOS
305 (not found on ASUS site). When I first loaded Vista, everything loads
perfect - no problems indicated in Device Mgr. First MS Updates during
install download and install new ATK0110 Utility driver. It's just those
silly Event 6 errors. New Board? -I'll wait on Socket F for Quads

I hope to hear from ASUS again on this issue to see what they offer (tell me
to ignore perhaps).

Thanks for your comments.

"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:eASVFoPSHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Sounds like a South Bridge manufacturing defect to me. Need a newer mobo?
> nForce 590 per chance instead? The nForce 4 series had a lot of I/O issues
> that
> crashed hard drives.
>
> But, I may be deaf today.
>

> "Freska" <lancew70@gmail.com> wrote in message
> | Update to my first post:
> |
> | 1. Updated to latest BIOS however problem remains.
> |
> | 2. I had a response from ASUS and they suggested I update the driver
> for
> | the ATK0110 Utility Driver. They have new drivers for Vista 32bit and
> 64
> | bit. However, after updating my driver, the errors remain.
> |
> | 3. I found the following on MS Support site:

> | IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot
> number,
> | function number. Please contact your system vendor for technical
> assistance.
> |
> | CAUSE
> |
> | This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral
> Component
> | Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but
> does
> | not support line-based interrupts.
> |
> | RESOLUTION
> |
> | This error message may safely be ignored.
> |
> | Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are
> | true: . A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in
> Device
> | Manager.
> | . You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box
> for
> | the device in Device Manager:
> | This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
> | In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take
> | additional steps to troubleshoot this issue.
> |
> | If I hear anything further from ASUSthat helps, I'll post back Until
> then
> | I'm ignoring it
> |

> | "broccolibeef" <broccolibeef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >I have disabled the onboard devices that you have mentioned, but I
> still
> | >get
> | > the same ACPI errors that the original poster has mentioned. I was
> going
> | > ask the question myself, and I am glad that someone else has asked it
> | > before
> | > me!
> | >
> | > I have the ASUS A8N-E motherboard with BIOS 1008.
> | >
> | > Any info is appreciated!

> an

> Has

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bFY=?=

Re: ACPI Event Erros
Hello everyone,
I've having the same errors (IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ.....)
and all i did was to change from ACPI S3 to S1 from the BIOS.
Do you know if your BIOS have give you the option to change this?

I have a ASUS P5N32-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0602.

Hope this helps you.