No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio

=?Utf-8?B?RG9nYnl0ZXM=?=

No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio
Here is a link to get the driver for the sould card used by many PC's with
Media Center factory installed, especially HP. When I first upgraded to
Vista Home Premium I could not get any analog sound out of my computer. The
driver .exe file is the 4th one down.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Good luck...
henrik

Re: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio
I have now used the whole weekend trying to get sound on my MCE
machine...with no luck so far...

I get the message that there is "No Audio Output Device" innstalled,
although I have installed the realtek driver etc.

BUT - you write "analog" sound. I am using Logitech 5.1 speaker system, and
thought that this was digital sound.

It also seems that my biggest problem with the sound card, is that the Modem
on the same card does noe get recognized, and makes a lot of trouble in the
device manager etc.

Any suggestions?

Henrik

"Dogbytes" <Dogbytes@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Here is a link to get the driver for the sould card used by many PC's with
> Media Center factory installed, especially HP. When I first upgraded to
> Vista Home Premium I could not get any analog sound out of my computer.
> The
> driver .exe file is the 4th one down.
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>
> Good luck...

=?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBHYXVyb24=?=

RE: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio
Hi!

I also had no audio on my laptop's (d900t) HD Audio card (Realtek ALC880)
when I installed Vista Ultimate x86. Solved the problem by

replacing the HD Audio Bus driver with an older version (6.xxx with 5.xxx).
I have deleted \Windows\Inf\hdaudbus.inf and

\Windows\System32\Drivers\hdaudbus.sys. When Vista asked for the HD Audio
Bus drivers I pointed to the right directory. I used the files

from this package:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/download/ftp...=3&submit=+GO+

If you downloaded the package from the above link you should extract its
contents. Then you should extract the following file to:

MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\kb835221.exe. This contains the folder (commonfiles)
where you must point to when Windows asks for the HDA Bus driver.

I had to take ownership of the \Windows\System32\Drivers folder to delete
hdaudbus.sys.

After the driver downgrade I had installed Realtek HDA drivers for Vista
v1.60. Now the audio is fine and Realtek HD Audio Manager is

working too.

Finally: Vista found an "unknown modem device" but I have no drivers
installed to it. So it is not the modem that causes the problem.

=?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBHYXVyb24=?=

RE: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio
Correction... do not delete the inf file and do not use hardware wizard. Just
copy the older hdaudbus.sys over the new one.
I used WinRAR to extract the .exe's contents
vsdp

Re: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio

I installed Windows Vista 32bits ultimate on my clevo D900T,
unfortunately I do not have a sound. If I am well your procedure it is
enough to replace the driver hdaudbus.sys (version 6) by the driver for
xindoxs XP (version 5). At the time I want to replace this file with the
rights administrator a message appears: you must have an authorization
to carry out this action. Do you have a solution to replace this file?
Thank you by advance

--
vsdp
=?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBHYXVyb24=?=

Re: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio
Sure! Go to C:\Windows\System32 and right click on Drivers folder. Select
Properties and press the Advanced button. Switch to Owner tab and press
Edit. After UAC confirmation a new dialog pops up. Select the user wich you
want to have access to the directory in the "Change owner to" list and check
in "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". (I had selected the
Administrators group.) Press OK. You have taken ownership of the folder.
Now go back to the Permissions tab. Press Edit and add the desired user
with full permissions. After you checked in "Replace all ex..." press OK.
Restart your system in safe mode and owerwrite the hdaudbus.sys with the
older version.
I hope you will succeed.
frans-jan

Re: No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio

thanks a lot for the tip. I look the internet for a week and couldn't
find anythink. and now it works just fine. i can not find al the
setting i had in xp. but i happy i workt. thanks a can.

frans-jan

--
frans-jan