Hauppauge 1600

Anthony Marsh

Hauppauge 1600
My problem installing the Hauppauge 1600 is more mechanical than
software. The manual talks about plugging in the RF cord from the cable
box. As if it's the old days of sending out the signal as channel 3. But
the Motorola DCT3412 I outputs in HD via the DMI outlet. I have the RF
out going into the Panasonic DMR-EH75V video-hd-DVD recorder. Then I am
trying to run the RF out from the Panasonic to the Hauppauge but
something seems wrong. It will be sending out all channels, not just
channel 3. So I wonder if I should use the cord from the splitter to
send the cable signal directly to the Hauppage, but that seems to be the
same problem of not being just channel 3.
I am also not clear on which way to use the IR blaster. My Panasonic
also uses an IR blaster. So I thought about taping the two together or
something, but the software says it can not detect the IR blaster and
aborts the setup.
None of the diagrams seem to realize the cable box is sending out HDMI now.
JW

Re: Hauppauge 1600
If you want to watch "HD" programs from you cable box you can output them is
using RF on channel 3 or using S-Video, both of which will downscale the
programs to SD 480i. You can not receive HD programs in HD resolutions
using DVI.
You need to use a splitter so that the channel 3 output from your cable box
goes both to your recorder and to your Hauppaug card.

news:_oOdnSGUbO0is1nYnZ2dnUVZ_ragnZ2d@comcast.com. ..