Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
I have a geforce 7600 gt and currently running windows vista home premium. I
have attempted to install the new 97.46 drivers for vista 32 bit, but when it
starts the install it comes up with an error saying:

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This
setup program and its associated driver are designed to run only on Windows
Vista. The installation will be terminated."

How can I install the new drivers?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
NVIDIA released the following drivers (v. 100.59) a few days ago.
Download the file, then right-click on the file and select
"Run as administrator".

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Alex" wrote:

I have a geforce 7600 gt and currently running windows vista home premium. I
have attempted to install the new 97.46 drivers for vista 32 bit, but when it
starts the install it comes up with an error saying:

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This
setup program and its associated driver are designed to run only on Windows
Vista. The installation will be terminated."

How can I install the new drivers?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
pvdg42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:AD61AEA9-9D2B-459A-998F-AA44A4FE3A42@microsoft.com...
> NVIDIA released the following drivers (v. 100.59) a few days ago.
> Download the file, then right-click on the file and select
> "Run as administrator".
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

Yes, and I notice that NVIDIA continues to ignore thousands of 5000 series
video card owners even though the majority of those cards are capable of
running Aero Glass in Vista.
It's odd that NVIDIA supplies drivers for the 5000 series to Microsoft that
are included with Vista, but now appear to have dropped support for those
cards.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error message
with those drivers.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
The Nvidia drivers that are insatlled as part of the Vista installation do
support the 5xxx cards. It is only the latest drivers that have not yet been
tested with the 5xxx cards that do not, so as long as you stay with the
drivers that install with your RTM vesion installation you have support and
you will just have to wait for New erNvidial Vista drivers that NVIDIA has
had a chance to test and confirm support for 5xxx cards before you change
drivers.
"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
news:uVWPby0RHHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:AD61AEA9-9D2B-459A-998F-AA44A4FE3A42@microsoft.com...
>> NVIDIA released the following drivers (v. 100.59) a few days ago.
>> Download the file, then right-click on the file and select
>> "Run as administrator".
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows - Shell/User
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

> Yes, and I notice that NVIDIA continues to ignore thousands of 5000 series
> video card owners even though the majority of those cards are capable of
> running Aero Glass in Vista.
> It's odd that NVIDIA supplies drivers for the 5000 series to Microsoft
> that are included with Vista, but now appear to have dropped support for
> those cards.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
=?Utf-8?B?dHVyYm90b2Vz?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
Alex, was it the english version of those drivers that you tried to install?
as I also had a problem with them. I downloaded the international ones and
the install worked fine. Just a thought.

turbotoes


"Alex" wrote:

>
> Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error message
> with those drivers.
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

Thanks for the advice. I tried both the english and international and it
doesnt make a difference


"turbotoes" wrote:

> Alex, was it the english version of those drivers that you tried to install?
> as I also had a problem with them. I downloaded the international ones and
> the install worked fine. Just a thought.
>
> turbotoes
>
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error message
> > with those drivers.
> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
=?Utf-8?B?YmFzdnJvb25sYW5k?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
Hi all

I have a Geforce Go 6200 and it does not even get recognised as such by
Vista. It calls is a Standard VGA adapter. There's a Windows driver in
system32/drivers called vgapnp.sys

I have tried to manually install the drivers (international an English)
100.59 but the error message I get is that there's no Nvidia driver
installed.

Also checked the list of supported hardware but can;t find it in the list.
Maybe it's the only Nvidia card that's not vista ready huh?

Can anyone help me?



"Alex" wrote:

>
> Thanks for the advice. I tried both the english and international and it
> doesnt make a difference
>
>
> "turbotoes" wrote:
>
> > Alex, was it the english version of those drivers that you tried to install?
> > as I also had a problem with them. I downloaded the international ones and
> > the install worked fine. Just a thought.
> >
> > turbotoes
> >
> >
> > "Alex" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error message
> > > with those drivers.
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista driver for geforce 7600 gt
Vista apparently does not release drivers for the "GO" chips on their
Website. You should be able to get them from your system manufactuter or
possibly from the following link.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./


"basvroonland" <basvroonland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78F130AD-B43D-483B-A996-F5F81C4A4CA6@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
>
> I have a Geforce Go 6200 and it does not even get recognised as such by
> Vista. It calls is a Standard VGA adapter. There's a Windows driver in
> system32/drivers called vgapnp.sys
>
> I have tried to manually install the drivers (international an English)
> 100.59 but the error message I get is that there's no Nvidia driver
> installed.
>
> Also checked the list of supported hardware but can;t find it in the list.
> Maybe it's the only Nvidia card that's not vista ready huh?
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
>
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
>>
>> Thanks for the advice. I tried both the english and international and it
>> doesnt make a difference
>>
>>
>> "turbotoes" wrote:
>>
>> > Alex, was it the english version of those drivers that you tried to
>> > install?
>> > as I also had a problem with them. I downloaded the international ones
>> > and
>> > the install worked fine. Just a thought.
>> >
>> > turbotoes
>> >
>> >
>> > "Alex" wrote:
>> >
>> > >
>> > > Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error
>> > > message
>> > > with those drivers.
>> > >



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone using XFX GeForce 7600 GT JP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-01-2007 12:40
Nvidia Geforce nx 7600 GT resource conflict (kod 12) =?Utf-8?B?UGlubmVtYW5k?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-26-2007 03:13
RE: Strange Driver for GeForce Go 6200 =?Utf-8?B?UmFpblg=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 02-02-2007 23:44
RE: GeForce Go 7300 Driver =?Utf-8?B?VHltZWs=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 12-30-2006 03:32
Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 Drivers =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 11 12-25-2006 00:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120