FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?

TSMC

FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo
completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center (ie
Home Premium)?
I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft
sites.

MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also you
need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the Fusion
card.

I record HDTV to the hard drive, cable conection is a must for me. The
antenna signal freeezes when we use the microwave or a storm comes through.
Central Florida see a few of these. (Like last night! Hope everyone stays
safe!)

Any ideas?
Thanks
TSMC

=?Utf-8?B?d2FyZGVy?=

RE: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/boar...=RD&itemid=320

"FusionHDTV products are a premium range digital TV tuners designed to
receive and record free-to-air broadcast television"

This sounds like it's still OTA.

I have a FusionHDTV and would never get one again. Ok, the hardware may
work but the drivers/software/support is not so good. I felt robbed when I
bought it for MCE and have never got it to work even in that.

"TSMC" wrote:

> DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo
> completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center (ie
> Home Premium)?
> I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft
> sites.
>
> MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also you
> need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the Fusion
> card.
>
> I record HDTV to the hard drive, cable conection is a must for me. The
> antenna signal freeezes when we use the microwave or a storm comes through.
> Central Florida see a few of these. (Like last night! Hope everyone stays
> safe!)
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> TSMC

TSMC

Re: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
Got a reply from DIVCO!
They say it is a Microsoft issue. OK Bill when will it work?

=Hi.
It is nothing to do with our driver now.
MCE program doesn't support the QAM frequency at this moment.
We know that MS is working this function now and they have a plan to
support the MCE-QAM until this year.
Thanks.

"TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote in message
news:TNKwh.15031$fC2.2175@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
> DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo
> completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center
> (ie Home Premium)?
> I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft
> sites.
>
> MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also
> you need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the
> Fusion card.
>
> I record HDTV to the hard drive, cable conection is a must for me. The
> antenna signal freeezes when we use the microwave or a storm comes
> through. Central Florida see a few of these. (Like last night! Hope
> everyone stays safe!)
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> TSMC

JW

Re: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
Maybe that is why the cable card units are not yet available since they will
require QAM in Vista MC.
However, I believe Sony has said their cable card unit will be available in
March so I would expect QAM support by then.
I was not aware that they are also working on QAM for MC in MCE for later
this year also.
> Got a reply from DIVCO!
> They say it is a Microsoft issue. OK Bill when will it work?
>
> =Hi.
> It is nothing to do with our driver now.
> MCE program doesn't support the QAM frequency at this moment.
> We know that MS is working this function now and they have a plan to
> support the MCE-QAM until this year.
> Thanks.
>
> "TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote in message
> news:TNKwh.15031$fC2.2175@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
>> DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo
>> completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center
>> (ie Home Premium)?
>> I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft
>> sites.
>>
>> MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also
>> you need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the
>> Fusion card.
>>
>> I record HDTV to the hard drive, cable conection is a must for me. The
>> antenna signal freeezes when we use the microwave or a storm comes
>> through. Central Florida see a few of these. (Like last night! Hope
>> everyone stays safe!)
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks
>> TSMC

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Re: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
Well... that gives us something upon which to hang our hopes.

Of course, my unit doesn't work properly with DVICO's own application
either (crashes when you try to change channels, and just about all of the
rest of the time too)--not simply in MC--so it's hard to believe that it's
100% a Microsoft problem.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote in message
> Got a reply from DIVCO!
> They say it is a Microsoft issue. OK Bill when will it work?
>
> =Hi.
> It is nothing to do with our driver now.
> MCE program doesn't support the QAM frequency at this moment.
> We know that MS is working this function now and they have a plan to
> support the MCE-QAM until this year.
> Thanks.
>
> "TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote in message
> news:TNKwh.15031$fC2.2175@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
>> DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo
>> completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center
>> (ie Home Premium)?
>> I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft
>> sites.
>>
>> MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also
>> you need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the
>> Fusion card.
>>
>> I record HDTV to the hard drive, cable conection is a must for me. The
>> antenna signal freeezes when we use the microwave or a storm comes
>> through. Central Florida see a few of these. (Like last night! Hope
>> everyone stays safe!)
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks
>> TSMC

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JmbGRlZA==?=

Re: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner?
FusionHDTV Express is currently thier top o' the line. It does work fine,
has great 5.1 sound and displays 1080i & 1080p. The problem that everyone is
having is Microsoft, for reasons unknown, does not read QAM. This is a HUGE
issue and I hope they will fix this soon. It is a huge dissapointment that
they cannot see this frequency in Vista. I guess I will hold off on getting
an XBox to use as a media center until MS gets this done!~