Inform your Customers

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzcGxheSwgVmlkZW8gQ2FyZCwgTW92aWUgTWFrZXI=?=

Inform your Customers
I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista, and
trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
support it.

This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.

After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that I
just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
plain wrong.

You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO capability
or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
BigJim

Re: Inform your Customers
Laptops need at least a Intel 950 to run vista properly.

"Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" <Display, Video Card, Movie
Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista,
> and
> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
> support it.
>
> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>
> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that
> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
> plain wrong.
>
> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO
> capability
> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Bryan Foster

Re: Inform your Customers
Why am I seeing all of these post's about people complaing about there
intergrated graphics not running aero, it is clearly stated that it requires
128mb of graphics memory! There are no intergrated cards that I have seen
that have more than 64mb of graphics memory, most have 32 or less!

"Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" <Display, Video Card, Movie
Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista,
> and
> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
> support it.
>
> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>
> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that
> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
> plain wrong.
>
> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO
> capability
> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Bryan Foster

Re: Inform your Customers
This is for home premium, which is the lowest version that has aero. I got
this off the windows vista website.
Windows Vista Home Premium
Recommended system requirements
a.. 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

b.. 1 GB of system memory

c.. 40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

d.. Support for DirectX 9 graphics with:

a.. WDDM Driver

b.. 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)

c.. Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware

d.. 32 bits per pixel

e.. DVD-ROM drive

f.. Audio Output

g.. Internet access (fees may apply)

"Bryan Foster" <bryan@highlifter.com> wrote in message
> Why am I seeing all of these post's about people complaing about there
> intergrated graphics not running aero, it is clearly stated that it
> requires 128mb of graphics memory! There are no intergrated cards that I
> have seen that have more than 64mb of graphics memory, most have 32 or
> less!
>

> "Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" <Display, Video Card, Movie
> Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
>> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista,
>> and
>> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
>> support it.
>>
>> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated
>> that
>> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>>
>> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
>> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that
>> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
>> plain wrong.
>>
>> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO
>> capability
>> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Dustin Harper

Re: Inform your Customers
I bought Doom 3 for my 486 and it didn't run... Why not?

Sorry for being so blunt, but thats basically the case. Check the system
requirements. Don't jump into it so blindly. Microsoft has the Upgrade
Advisor available for download. Run it and it will tell you what won't
work with Vista.

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com

Display wrote:
> I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista, and
> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
> support it.
>
> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>
> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that I
> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
> plain wrong.
>
> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO capability
> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Kerry Brown

Re: Inform your Customers
Most current integrated video chipsets can use at least 128 MB, some will
use 256 MB. It is sometime dependent on the amount of RAM installed. I'm
currently typing this on a notebook with an integrated ATI X1100 chipset
with 128 of shared RAM for the video. Aero Glass works very well.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Bryan Foster" <bryan@highlifter.com> wrote in message
> Why am I seeing all of these post's about people complaing about there
> intergrated graphics not running aero, it is clearly stated that it
> requires 128mb of graphics memory! There are no intergrated cards that I
> have seen that have more than 64mb of graphics memory, most have 32 or
> less!
>

> "Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" <Display, Video Card, Movie
> Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
>> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista,
>> and
>> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
>> support it.
>>
>> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated
>> that
>> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>>
>> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
>> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that
>> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
>> plain wrong.
>>
>> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO
>> capability
>> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Robert Moir

Re: Inform your Customers
Dustin Harper wrote:
> I bought Doom 3 for my 486 and it didn't run... Why not?
>
> Sorry for being so blunt, but thats basically the case. Check the
> system requirements. Don't jump into it so blindly. Microsoft has the
> Upgrade Advisor available for download. Run it and it will tell you
> what won't work with Vista.

You must have missed this part of the OP's post:

"This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista."

I understood they were not complaining that their laptop doesn't run Vista
well, but rather that they purchased vista because the upgrade advisor you
just pointed them at claimed it ran it very well indeed.

Personally, I think the upgrade advisor is full of crud and I don't trust a
word it says, but that's just me.

--
Robert Moir
http://www.rhymeswithgeek.com

MICHAEL

Re: Inform your Customers

"Robert Moir" <robspamtrap@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dustin Harper wrote:
>> I bought Doom 3 for my 486 and it didn't run... Why not?
>>
>> Sorry for being so blunt, but thats basically the case. Check the
>> system requirements. Don't jump into it so blindly. Microsoft has the
>> Upgrade Advisor available for download. Run it and it will tell you
>> what won't work with Vista.

> You must have missed this part of the OP's post:
>
> "This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista."
>
> I understood they were not complaining that their laptop doesn't run Vista well, but rather
> that they purchased vista because the upgrade advisor you just pointed them at claimed it ran
> it very well indeed.

> Personally, I think the upgrade advisor is full of crud and I don't trust a word it says, but
> that's just me.

I absolutely agree.

-Michael

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Inform your Customers
No one and certainly not Microsoft can force Intel or any other manufacturer
to provide a driver.
However you can contact Intel and let your needs be known to them.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" <Display, Video Card, Movie
Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
> Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista,
> and
> trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
> support it.
>
> This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
> my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.
>
> After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
> not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that
> just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
> plain wrong.
>
> You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO
> capability
> or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

=?Utf-8?B?VGVlcmF2ZWUgU2lyaW5hcGFzYXdhc2RlZQ==?=

RE: Inform your Customers
Hi,

If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard,
goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The
owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble.

Cheers,
Pound@Gestalt