ATI x1900 video card

wardy_uk1

ATI x1900 video card
Hi

I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
Detected''

Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

JW

Re: ATI x1900 video card
In Safe mode with networking download the latest ATI drivers which were
released ths Monday. Then install them while still in Safe Mode and then
see if they solve your problem. If not I think that you have a faulty card.

"wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
> Detected''
>
> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

Bryan Foster

Re: ATI x1900 video card
Sounds like the settings have the monitor hz on something the monitor cant
display, go into safe mode and right click on desktop, click personalize,
click display settings, click advanced settings, then click the monitor tab
and make sure the box is checked that says " hide modes that this monitor
cannot display" If that does not work, you might wanna check your drivers
also, did you use the windows drivers or ATI's?

"wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
> Detected''
>
> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

wardy_uk1

Re: ATI x1900 video card
I have tried the Safe Mode trick but the catalyst drivers says that it cant
detect the graphics card. I am also using the latest catalyst drivers from
ATI's website.

Alan

"wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
> Detected''
>
> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

Peter M

Re: ATI x1900 video card
I'm betting you have a nforce4 motherboard. I had the same problem but with
a NV vid card. For some reason, the APCI hal was incorrect and the vid card
couldn't be detected nor could root port for the board be installed. I had
to use safe mode, dev manager, computer and change to a different apci hal
(in my case from advanced power and config to apci x86-based ... or
something like that). This may not be your problem and trying it may mean a
fresh clean install of vista but sounds like you have to do that anyway.

"wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
> Detected''
>
> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

Ron Miller

Re: ATI x1900 video card
Peter M wrote:
> I'm betting you have a nforce4 motherboard. I had the same problem but with
> a NV vid card. For some reason, the APCI hal was incorrect and the vid card
> couldn't be detected nor could root port for the board be installed. I had
> to use safe mode, dev manager, computer and change to a different apci hal
> (in my case from advanced power and config to apci x86-based ... or
> something like that). This may not be your problem and trying it may mean a
> fresh clean install of vista but sounds like you have to do that anyway.

I have an nForce-4 motherboard (A8N-SLI Premium), and I have a similar
video card (X1950 Pro). My card was not specifically recognized, but I
wasn't limited to Safe Mode. I was able to install the latest signed
driver from ATI (Catalyst 7.1), after which the card was recognized
perfectly.

I'm suspecting there's something wrong with the card, as OP says it was
"just bought" and does not report that it ever worked in another
installation. I'd try reseating it first. I'd make certain that all
the required power connectors -- the PCI-E six-pin and the four-pin MB
supplemental power, if any-- were seated perfectly. If they were, I'd
test the card in a different computer to make sure it worked there. I'd
also need to be assured that the PSU is adequate for the rig in which
the card's installed.

Brendan

Re: ATI x1900 video card
I have a Radeon X300SE (much older than your card) graphics card and the
latest catalyst drivers don't work. Vista has drivers that, while slow, will
operate the card. Uninstall the catalyst drivers and use the MS ones for the
time being.

"wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
> Detected''
>
> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

Chris

Re: ATI x1900 video card
Hi, my X1900XT-X works just fine with the 7.1's, no signal detected might be
down to your monitor. Try booting to safe mode and setting up your monitor
to a lower resolution and refresh rate...
ChrisC
"Brendan" <brendan@feq.com.au> wrote in message
>I have a Radeon X300SE (much older than your card) graphics card and the
>latest catalyst drivers don't work. Vista has drivers that, while slow,
>will operate the card. Uninstall the catalyst drivers and use the MS ones
>for the time being.
>
> "wardy_uk1" <wardy_uk1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just bought ATI's Sapphire X1900 256MB for my PC. I have got Vista
>> Ultimate installed and Vista detected the graphics and installed with no
>> problems until it needed to reboot. It gets to the green bar going across
>> the screen and then I get a black screen with the message ''No Signal
>> Detected''
>>
>> Its fine with Safe Mode but you cant play any games via Safe Mode. Any
>> help would be appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Alan

=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWVqY2M=?=

Re: ATI x1900 video card
Hi I have X1900XT on an ABR32-MVP Deluxe motherboard and vista (64 bit)
doesn't seem to recognise it (can't even use aero) also appropriate Catalyst
can't find it. It seems it isn't the card or motherboard - mine was fantastic
with 64 bit XP professional. I am thinking of taking vista back to the shop
on monday if i can't fix it. (a hopeless waste of time if the graphics card
doesn't work!!!)

Edd