Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode

=?Utf-8?B?SGF0aW5nIFZpc3RhIEFscmVhZHk=?=

Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode
My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to either
reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug it in. 7 out of
23 problems having with my vista hell.
=?Utf-8?B?YnN1bW5lcg==?=

RE: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode
This happens to me too - sometimes. The odd thing is, I use my keyboard to
wake up the computer from sleep mode, then it doesn't respond after that.
However, it's only happened to me twice, while the other times it worked fine.

"Hating Vista Already" wrote:

> My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to either
> reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug it in. 7 out of
> 23 problems having with my vista hell.

boutells

"Hating Vista Already" wrote:

> My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to either
> reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug it in. 7 out of
> 23 problems having with my vista hell.

I have the same problem except I can bring it out of sleep using the power
button. However, even though I have the appropriate box checked under power
management in Control Panel→Mouse (or keyboard)→hardware→properties→Power
Management, it does not wake up the computer.

It is annoying as it did work in the factory installation but I had to do a
recovery and re-installation of Windows and it hasen't worked after that.

Is there another setting somewhere else that needs doing?
Mamamegs

Re: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode
boutells laid this down on his screen :

> "Hating Vista Already" wrote:
>
>> My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to
>> either reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug
>> it in. 7 out of 23 problems having with my vista hell.

> I have the same problem except I can bring it out of sleep using the
> power button. However, even though I have the appropriate box
> checked under power management in Control Panel→Mouse (or
> keyboard)→hardware→properties→Power Management, it does not wake up
> the computer.
>
> It is annoying as it did work in the factory installation but I had
> to do a recovery and re-installation of Windows and it hasen't
> worked after that.
>
> Is there another setting somewhere else that needs doing?

This update should solve the problem:
KB925528:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-063071797427

--
Mamamegs.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
(Adam Savage)

www.vistabits.nl
Nu ook met eigen forum!

boutells

"Mamamegs" wrote:

> boutells laid this down on his screen :
> >
> > "Hating Vista Already" wrote:
> >
> >> My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to
> >> either reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug
> >> it in. 7 out of 23 problems having with my vista hell.

> > I have the same problem except I can bring it out of sleep using the
> > power button. However, even though I have the appropriate box
> > checked under power management in Control Panel→Mouse (or
> > keyboard)→hardware→properties→Power Management, it does not wake up
> > the computer.
> >
> > It is annoying as it did work in the factory installation but I had
> > to do a recovery and re-installation of Windows and it hasen't
> > worked after that.
> >
> > Is there another setting somewhere else that needs doing?

> This update should solve the problem:
> KB925528:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-063071797427
>
> --
> Mamamegs.
>
> I reject your reality and substitute my own.
> (Adam Savage)
>
> www.vistabits.nl
> Nu ook met eigen forum!
>

> That made matters worse in that the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work at all after coming out of sleep and I still had to use the power button to wake the computer. I have now done a system restore to the point before the installation but continue to have the problem that the mouse and keyboard will not wake the computer even though they are set to do so. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

BajaPaul

Re: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode
64 bit Vista, MS/Razer Habu mouse & Reclusa Keyboard. Everything hibernated
great with my old MS keyboard w/ PS2 conn's. Then I installed the USB
Reclusa KB. Hibernate still works OK but I have to press the power button to
get the computer to wake up. It will not wake up from mouse button or
keyboard key press.

I have tried many things. I just installed your KB925528 download. Now the
Habu isn't reconized after waking from hibernate. I have to press a mouse
button to get it to turn on, then the system finds it again. This patch did
not do anything for my keyboard waking problem.

What is ironic is that these are both MS products.

The search continues....
Caitlin A.

Re: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode

This update did NOT solve the problem, as it was not for my "version" all it
said was that it had to be for VISTA. What a load of crap. My laptop is still
going to sleep and never waking up again without holding down the power
button to reboot.

"Mamamegs" wrote:

> boutells laid this down on his screen :
> >
> > "Hating Vista Already" wrote:
> >
> >> My simple usb keyboard will not wake up from sleep mode. I have to
> >> either reboot or dig back behind my computer and unplug and replug
> >> it in. 7 out of 23 problems having with my vista hell.

> > I have the same problem except I can bring it out of sleep using the
> > power button. However, even though I have the appropriate box
> > checked under power management in Control Panel→Mouse (or
> > keyboard)→hardware→properties→Power Management, it does not wake up
> > the computer.
> >
> > It is annoying as it did work in the factory installation but I had
> > to do a recovery and re-installation of Windows and it hasen't
> > worked after that.
> >
> > Is there another setting somewhere else that needs doing?

> This update should solve the problem:
> KB925528:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-063071797427
>
> --
> Mamamegs.
>
> I reject your reality and substitute my own.
> (Adam Savage)
>
> www.vistabits.nl
> Nu ook met eigen forum!

rocky444

Re: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode

Please go to keyboard properties and enable the option to wake up from
sleep. ( Vista only )

--
rocky444
rocky444's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rocky444.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

mentormatt8

Re: Keyboard Does not wake up also from sleep mode

There is a simple, ver simple solution I found that helped me. Just
google "vista laptop not waking up from sleep" then select
"annoyances-resolved" I found directions there that worked for me and
now both hibernate and sleep work!

--
mentormatt8
mentormatt8's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139753.htm