Conexant HD audio driver?

=?Utf-8?B?RGNoZW4=?=

Conexant HD audio driver?
Hi i just installed windows vista home edition the full version and it
appears my audio drivers are not working. I have tried uninstalling them and
installing new ones i found on the web yet nothing works. I have tried
manually deleting the files then running the setup through device manager or
through self setup and nothing works. I had vista beta RC2 and my audio
worked fine on there so i know there is a way. Also everytime i reboot after
uninstalling windows take it upon itself to automatically try and install the
default audio driver. Im not sure if thats right or not
Any help would be apprecaited. thanks
=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdCBCLg==?=

RE: Conexant HD audio driver?
Greetings, I am having the same problem...HP was no help. Have you found a
solution? thanks!

"Dchen" wrote:

> Hi i just installed windows vista home edition the full version and it
> appears my audio drivers are not working. I have tried uninstalling them and
> installing new ones i found on the web yet nothing works. I have tried
> manually deleting the files then running the setup through device manager or
> through self setup and nothing works. I had vista beta RC2 and my audio
> worked fine on there so i know there is a way. Also everytime i reboot after
> uninstalling windows take it upon itself to automatically try and install the
> default audio driver. Im not sure if thats right or not
> Any help would be apprecaited. thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTA==?=

RE: Conexant HD audio driver?
It is interesting we three and many others have similar problems; u r right
HP said don't upgrade, meaning they knew the Conexant problem; Conexant has
refused to call back; and Microsoft said Vista s too new to solve ur problem.
If I get a solution I will Post, pls do the same.

"Scot B." wrote:

> Greetings, I am having the same problem...HP was no help. Have you found a
> solution? thanks!
>
> "Dchen" wrote:
>
> > Hi i just installed windows vista home edition the full version and it
> > appears my audio drivers are not working. I have tried uninstalling them and
> > installing new ones i found on the web yet nothing works. I have tried
> > manually deleting the files then running the setup through device manager or
> > through self setup and nothing works. I had vista beta RC2 and my audio
> > worked fine on there so i know there is a way. Also everytime i reboot after
> > uninstalling windows take it upon itself to automatically try and install the
> > default audio driver. Im not sure if thats right or not
> > Any help would be apprecaited. thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Conexant HD audio driver?
There is a Conexant HD Audio driver at the Toshiba website which certainly
works on my notebook (P105-S9132) www.csd.toshiba.com

Even if it won't work on an HP, at least it's something to try while you're
waiting for HP to do something.