Bluetooth on Startup

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Bluetooth on Startup
With XP all my Bluetooth devices would enable during the OS boot and allow me
to use my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With Vista I have to plug in a USB
keyboard to type in the password on the login screen. Is there anyway to get
the Bluetooth to load these devices on startup?

Tx! - Kevin
Michael Price

Re: Bluetooth on Startup
Sounds like an issue with the Bluetooth hardware or driver as I have 4
machines with Bluetooth keyboards and they all allow me to use the BT
keyboard and Mouse to login. It sometimes takes a few seconds for the
keyboard to become active, but it works.

I have 2 with MS keyboards and 2 with Logitech.

3 have the Dell built in BT adapter

1 has an HP BT built in adapter.

In all cases I am using the inbox drivers that shipped with Vista for the
Bluetooth adapter.

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With XP all my Bluetooth devices would enable during the OS boot and allow
> me
> to use my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With Vista I have to plug in a USB
> keyboard to type in the password on the login screen. Is there anyway to
> get
> the Bluetooth to load these devices on startup?
>
> Tx! - Kevin

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: Bluetooth on Startup
Yeah it makes sense that is should work becuase this same setup worked on the
Windows XP config just fine. The Bluetooth dongle is Microsoft and works
after I pass the login screen.

Very odd and never seen this before.

"Michael Price" wrote:

> Sounds like an issue with the Bluetooth hardware or driver as I have 4
> machines with Bluetooth keyboards and they all allow me to use the BT
> keyboard and Mouse to login. It sometimes takes a few seconds for the
> keyboard to become active, but it works.
>
> I have 2 with MS keyboards and 2 with Logitech.
>
> 3 have the Dell built in BT adapter
>
> 1 has an HP BT built in adapter.
>
> In all cases I am using the inbox drivers that shipped with Vista for the
> Bluetooth adapter.
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With XP all my Bluetooth devices would enable during the OS boot and allow
> > me
> > to use my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With Vista I have to plug in a USB
> > keyboard to type in the password on the login screen. Is there anyway to
> > get
> > the Bluetooth to load these devices on startup?
> >
> > Tx! - Kevin

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWEgZEI=?=

Re: Bluetooth on Startup
Did you get it to work? I am having a similar problem except that it doesn't
even work after I type in my Vista password. I have to go back into the
Control Panel, and reenable the keyboard and the mouse, and then they work
fine. I am attaching a Gateway port replicator into my Gateway laptop, and
then I insert the Microsoft dongle in the side of the laptop. I turn the
laptop on by pushing the button on the port replicator. The laptop boots up,
asks for the password, but neither the MS bluetooth keyboard nor the MS
bluetooth mouse work. I have to open up the laptop, login on the laptop
keyboard, go to control panel, bluetooth. The mouse is there, and says it's
connected, but doesn't work. The keyboard isn't even there and has to be
added again.

Any help would be appreciated