Canon FB620U Scanner

IDAssociatesLLC

Canon FB620U Scanner
Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to update
the drivers.....

Tony

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
You can try a software called "vuescan". It supports lots of scanner. It
might work for yours. It comes with a driver for vista as well.

"IDAssociatesLLC" <nospamidainc@cox.net> дϢ
> Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to update
> the drivers.....

Slugsie

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
My Canon FB630U scanner works just fine using the XP drivers (on x86
anyway). When I get round to upgrading to 64bit I fully expect to have to
buy a new scanner.

--
</Slugsie>
"IDAssociatesLLC" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to update
> the drivers.....

IDAssociatesLLC

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
Thank You -

I had emailed Canon and was advised that they were not going to produce new
drivers. And that the scanner would not work in Vista. I was then offered
a discount on a new scanner direct from Canon. Kind of a shabby way to go
about securing the sale of my next $ 50 scanner.

"Slugsie" <slugsie_no_spim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Canon FB630U scanner works just fine using the XP drivers (on x86
> anyway). When I get round to upgrading to 64bit I fully expect to have to
> buy a new scanner.
>
> --
> </Slugsie>
> "IDAssociatesLLC" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to
>> update the drivers.....

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
I have my very very odl HP SJ5P scanner scsi connected working fine
under VISTA -- VISTA found it and the Apaptec 19160 scsi controller it
is attached to. Both appear in Device Manager with no flags but I could
not scan.

I then did what I did in W2K and XP and installed the old HP Deskscan
2.9 software and bingo it is up and running.

I suggest you try this and don't always believe the manufacturers when
they tell you their product does not work!

Clint

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
My FB620U works in Vista 32-bit as well; I scanned in some pictures this
weekend, in fact.. I believe I had to run through the XP drivers as well.

Clint

> Thank You -
>
> I had emailed Canon and was advised that they were not going to produce
> new drivers. And that the scanner would not work in Vista. I was then
> offered a discount on a new scanner direct from Canon. Kind of a shabby
> way to go about securing the sale of my next $ 50 scanner.
>

> "Slugsie" <slugsie_no_spim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My Canon FB630U scanner works just fine using the XP drivers (on x86
>> anyway). When I get round to upgrading to 64bit I fully expect to have to
>> buy a new scanner.
>>
>> --
>> </Slugsie>
>> "IDAssociatesLLC" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to
>>> update the drivers.....

Wonderman

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
Installed a Canon FB620U in Vista Ultimate and it scnas into Office scan
just fine. Vista Fax & Scan does not see the scanner. Any ideas
appreciated.

"IDAssociatesLLC" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to update
> the drivers.....

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
In article <u6Zq8SjTHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Wonderman wrote:

> *Any ideas appreciated.

Just be grateful it works at all?

Keep an eye open for driver updates from Canaon?

Wonderman

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
Yes I'm grateful but I really expected more for my $29 seven years ago.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" <huwyngr@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> In article <u6Zq8SjTHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Wonderman wrote:
>
>> Any ideas appreciated.

> Just be grateful it works at all?
>
> Keep an eye open for driver updates from Canaon?

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Canon FB620U Scanner
I know the feeling but sometimes one is getting a message that there is
something out there we want and now we have an excuse to get it <g>

Sounds like you are using TWAIN like I am and I don't know how to have
the scanner start from that Fax & Scan area. It's not something I've
needed since I have a free-standing fax machine and can scan from
Deskscan.