HP Scanjet 3500c

Hans von der Crone

HP Scanjet 3500c
I can't seem to install my scanner in Vista. Any1 got a workaround? There
seem to be no drivers available.

BobC

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c

"Hans von der Crone" <noneofyour@pandora.be> wrote in message
>I can't seem to install my scanner in Vista. Any1 got a workaround? There
>seem to be no drivers available.

>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&I1.y=5&I1.x=8

Go to this link,apparently drivers for your printer are available for Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
Huh? It's a scanner, not a printer. And HP says there is NO driver? I'm so
confused!

While I have the opportunity, let me just say that HP gets no more of my
business -- not even more replaceable parts and consumables for the HP stuff
I currently own. From all appearances they decided to upgrade the drivers for
printers (which use consumables sold by HP), and they decided NOT to upgrade
the drivers for devices (like scanners) which DON'T use consumables. Gotta
keep those purchases coming, right, HP? But not from me. Jerks.

"jimmuh" <jimmuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Huh? It's a scanner, not a printer. And HP says there is NO driver? I'm so
> confused!
>So I said "printer" rather than "Scanner"

My Bad!!
However,running HP Photosmart all- one here, "minimal drivers are
available",so no big deal,just have to wait for HP to produce complete
software suite.
Can print copy and scan and have been able to do this prior to RTM,HP says
"full software suite" will be forthcoming,
Nothing new with HP ,I have probably installed iver two dozen of their
printers and or scanners over the years lots of driver downloads to get some
of them working.
Have A Great Day!

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
In article <44DDE6E0-19EF-4CEA-91FA-DC6823C94CE5@microsoft.com>, Jimmuh
wrote:
> It's a scanner, not a printer. And HP says there is NO driver? I'm so*
> confused!

So he made a typo -- the link goes to the scanner page and HP says:

<< We will have basic driver solutions available for HP Scanners
starting in February and completing by mid March

NOTE: HP wants to make sure that you have the most up-to-date
information on the drivers and software for your HP products. To
register for HP Subscriber’s Choice and be notified when Windows Vista
drivers become available, click Get e-mail notifications – drivers
updates on the left navigation bar of this page. >>

Keep checking or sign up for email notification -- HP is very efficent
with this.

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
That's weird. When I clicked on that link it took me to a page that very
clearly referred to the device as a printer. Hence my confusion. When I
clicked on the link today the page said HP Scanjet 3500c Scanner. It did not
say that yesterday.

And the nice message you get from HP when you click on the Microsoft Windows
Vista Link used to be posted for the HP Scanjet 4670. They recently replaced
that message with a very different message which said there were no plans to
provide drivers for that scanner.

I go back to the same location today, and they have reposted the message you
quoted.

Which is all to say Web pages can be changed, and apparently are being
changed frequently at the HP support site. I hope they really mean that a
driver will be made available for these scanners. Not familiar with the
3500c, but the 4670 was fairly expensive, as consumer-grade gear goes. Mine
is only 2 years old, and was a newly-introduced product when I purchased it.

I was prepared to be all bitter about it. I still am, if they don't deliver.

And I really wasn't picking on BobC for making a typo. I was trying to
figure out why I was seeing so many confusing and mixed signals in the thread
and at the HP site, which was showing the same no go message I had seen for
my own scanner when I looked at it yesterday. Guess my attempt at being glib
obscured my meaning.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:

> In article <44DDE6E0-19EF-4CEA-91FA-DC6823C94CE5@microsoft.com>, Jimmuh
> wrote:
> > It's a scanner, not a printer. And HP says there is NO driver? I'm so
> > confused!

> So he made a typo -- the link goes to the scanner page and HP says:
>
> << We will have basic driver solutions available for HP Scanners
> starting in February and completing by mid March
>
> NOTE: HP wants to make sure that you have the most up-to-date
> information on the drivers and software for your HP products. To
> register for HP Subscriber’s Choice and be notified when Windows Vista
> drivers become available, click Get e-mail notifications – drivers
> updates on the left navigation bar of this page. >>
>
> Keep checking or sign up for email notification -- HP is very efficent
> with this.

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
Just by way of clarification --

HP at first had a message for the 4670 which said that Vista drivers were
expected to be out in January. Then they changed that message to say that
they had no plans to provide a Vista driver. Now, for the same model, they
say they anticipate having drivers out in February or March. My guess is that
they changed the message for the 3500c, too. That combined with the scanner
vs. printer designation in this thread had me wondering if I was having a
stroke. (I AM kind of old.)

Sorry if anyone took offense. Not my intention to give any -- except, maybe,
to HP.

;-)

> Just by way of clarification --
>
> HP at first had a message for the 4670 which said that Vista drivers were
> expected to be out in January. Then they changed that message to say that
> they had no plans to provide a Vista driver. Now, for the same model, they
> say they anticipate having drivers out in February or March. My guess is
> that
> they changed the message for the 3500c, too. That combined with the
> scanner
> vs. printer designation in this thread had me wondering if I was having a
> stroke. (I AM kind of old.)
>
> Sorry if anyone took offense. Not my intention to give any -- except,
> maybe,
> to HP.
>
> ;-)

No Problem here:-)
Start an email support with HP for any hardware problems; "they" respond
quickly and perhaps if enough users of their products question their
support,they will get their act together.
BTW,if you do an email support Q ,they will also send you a
questionaire on the quality of ther tech's.

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
Thanks for that information. I'll be nice to their support people. I'm always
nice to support people. It's the decision makers that make me feel frosty!

;-)

"BobC" wrote:

> "jimmuh" <jimmuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just by way of clarification --
> >
> > HP at first had a message for the 4670 which said that Vista drivers were
> > expected to be out in January. Then they changed that message to say that
> > they had no plans to provide a Vista driver. Now, for the same model, they
> > say they anticipate having drivers out in February or March. My guess is
> > that
> > they changed the message for the 3500c, too. That combined with the
> > scanner
> > vs. printer designation in this thread had me wondering if I was having a
> > stroke. (I AM kind of old.)
> >
> > Sorry if anyone took offense. Not my intention to give any -- except,
> > maybe,
> > to HP.
> >
> > ;-)

> No Problem here:-)
> Start an email support with HP for any hardware problems; "they" respond
> quickly and perhaps if enough users of their products question their
> support,they will get their act together.
> BTW,if you do an email support Q ,they will also send you a
> questionaire on the quality of ther tech's.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Scanjet 3500c
No problem -- hope you get it all working.