Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center

=?Utf-8?B?c2NzYTIw?=

Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
Hello everyone, I just installed Vista Ultimate last night (yes, I got the
launch released when I was on my way home after work). Now this is where I'm
confused because it sees I have a windows mobile device hooked to my computer
but it won't sync my contacts or anything, is that because I don't have
Microsoft Outlook installed? Thanks for any answers.
Slugsie

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) just like ActiveSync before it is only
designed to sync contacts/emails/appointments etc with Outlook.

--
</Slugsie>
"scsa20" <scsa20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone, I just installed Vista Ultimate last night (yes, I got the
> launch released when I was on my way home after work). Now this is where
> I'm
> confused because it sees I have a windows mobile device hooked to my
> computer
> but it won't sync my contacts or anything, is that because I don't have
> Microsoft Outlook installed? Thanks for any answers.

=?Utf-8?B?c2NzYTIw?=

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
That's what I thought... but I was hoping it would at least sync with the
contacts/mail/calendar program that came with Vista, guess not... Time to go
out and get Office (which I was going to put off for awhile). Thank you.

"Slugsie" wrote:

> Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) just like ActiveSync before it is only
> designed to sync contacts/emails/appointments etc with Outlook.
>
> --
> </Slugsie>
> "scsa20" <scsa20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone, I just installed Vista Ultimate last night (yes, I got the
> > launch released when I was on my way home after work). Now this is where
> > I'm
> > confused because it sees I have a windows mobile device hooked to my
> > computer
> > but it won't sync my contacts or anything, is that because I don't have
> > Microsoft Outlook installed? Thanks for any answers.

Slugsie

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
Did you not get a copy of Outlook with your Treo? With every WM device I
have (4 so far, 3 phones and 1 PDA) I have received a copy of Outlook to go
with it.

--
> That's what I thought... but I was hoping it would at least sync with the
> contacts/mail/calendar program that came with Vista, guess not... Time to
> go
> out and get Office (which I was going to put off for awhile). Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?c2NzYTIw?=

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
It did, but I don't like that version

"Slugsie" wrote:

> Did you not get a copy of Outlook with your Treo? With every WM device I
> have (4 so far, 3 phones and 1 PDA) I have received a copy of Outlook to go
> with it.
>
> --
> </Slugsie>
> "scsa20" <scsa20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That's what I thought... but I was hoping it would at least sync with the
> > contacts/mail/calendar program that came with Vista, guess not... Time to
> > go
> > out and get Office (which I was going to put off for awhile). Thank you.

Slugsie

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
Heh heh, fair enough. I must confess to using Outlook 2003 in great
preference to Outlook XP which came with 2 of the phones.

--
> It did, but I don't like that version

=?Utf-8?B?c2NzYTIw?=

Re: Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center
Yeah, I don't remember what version came with my treo but I don't think it's
2000 because it feels really weird (I use 2003 at work so I know if there's
something different )