DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3GB ram!

Patrick

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3GB ram!
Hi,

I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB
modules. So it's 4GB.
This is the case:

With PCI MMIO disabled in the bios, the bios and Vista detect around 3.2GB
RAM
With PCI MMIO enabled in the bios, the bios detects 4GB and Vista detects
3GB (3070MB).

Vista X32 should support 4GB, the mainboard does support 4GB.

How do I get my 1GB? I didn't buy that extra 2GB dual channel kit for just
1GB of extra RAM

Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?QXJ0aHVy?=

RE: DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3GB ra
Of course your motherboard will read a complete 4Gb because it a direct
detection of hardware. Like XP, Vista x32 "supports" 4gb but it will only
show a certain amount because it holds a certain amount for other purposes
tied to the OS. The only time you will see a complete "4GB" is if you use x64.

"Patrick" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB
> modules. So it's 4GB.
> This is the case:
>
> With PCI MMIO disabled in the bios, the bios and Vista detect around 3.2GB
> RAM
> With PCI MMIO enabled in the bios, the bios detects 4GB and Vista detects
> 3GB (3070MB).
>
> Vista X32 should support 4GB, the mainboard does support 4GB.
>
> How do I get my 1GB? I didn't buy that extra 2GB dual channel kit for just
> 1GB of extra RAM
>
> Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?TmFkaW0gRGF5b3Vi?=

RE: DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3G
I have a Question then why does myen read at 2.75 when i am running at x64
and i got this in my computer
Amd athlon 64 x2 Dual core 3800+
2x 2GB Kit corsair twinx2048-3200c2 default
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR nForce4 SLI ( bios stock?)
OCZ OCZ520ADJSLI PowerStream 520W Power Supply
BFG GeForce 7950 GX2 PCI Express 1GB DDR3 Video Card w/2 Dual-Link DVI-I &
HDTV

"Arthur" wrote:

> Of course your motherboard will read a complete 4Gb because it a direct
> detection of hardware. Like XP, Vista x32 "supports" 4gb but it will only
> show a certain amount because it holds a certain amount for other purposes
> tied to the OS. The only time you will see a complete "4GB" is if you use x64.
>
> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB
> > modules. So it's 4GB.
> > This is the case:
> >
> > With PCI MMIO disabled in the bios, the bios and Vista detect around 3.2GB
> > RAM
> > With PCI MMIO enabled in the bios, the bios detects 4GB and Vista detects
> > 3GB (3070MB).
> >
> > Vista X32 should support 4GB, the mainboard does support 4GB.
> >
> > How do I get my 1GB? I didn't buy that extra 2GB dual channel kit for just
> > 1GB of extra RAM
> >
> > Patrick

Patrick

Re: DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3GB ra
"All editions of Windows Vista 64-bit provide increased memory support
beyond the standard 4 gigabytes (GB) available with 32-bit editions. Refer
the specific edition of Windows Vista 64-bit to determine maximum memory
capacity."

Here is the url
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx

Key here is....... 4 gigabytes available!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Arthur" <Arthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Of course your motherboard will read a complete 4Gb because it a direct
> detection of hardware. Like XP, Vista x32 "supports" 4gb but it will only
> show a certain amount because it holds a certain amount for other purposes
> tied to the OS. The only time you will see a complete "4GB" is if you use
> x64.
>
> "Patrick" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB
>> modules. So it's 4GB.
>> This is the case:
>>
>> With PCI MMIO disabled in the bios, the bios and Vista detect around
>> 3.2GB
>> RAM
>> With PCI MMIO enabled in the bios, the bios detects 4GB and Vista detects
>> 3GB (3070MB).
>>
>> Vista X32 should support 4GB, the mainboard does support 4GB.
>>
>> How do I get my 1GB? I didn't buy that extra 2GB dual channel kit for
>> just
>> 1GB of extra RAM
>>
>> Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?QXJ0aHVy?=

Re: DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3G
While your statement is nice and all...read his post again. He is using
32-bit, not 64-bit. 32 bit Vista still has a 4GB limitation and will not show
a complete 4GBs within the OS.

"Patrick" wrote:

> "All editions of Windows Vista 64-bit provide increased memory support
> beyond the standard 4 gigabytes (GB) available with 32-bit editions. Refer
> the specific edition of Windows Vista 64-bit to determine maximum memory
> capacity."
>
> Here is the url
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
>

> Key here is....... 4 gigabytes available!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> "Arthur" <Arthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Of course your motherboard will read a complete 4Gb because it a direct
> > detection of hardware. Like XP, Vista x32 "supports" 4gb but it will only
> > show a certain amount because it holds a certain amount for other purposes
> > tied to the OS. The only time you will see a complete "4GB" is if you use
> > x64.
> >
> > "Patrick" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB
> >> modules. So it's 4GB.
> >> This is the case:
> >>
> >> With PCI MMIO disabled in the bios, the bios and Vista detect around
> >> 3.2GB
> >> RAM
> >> With PCI MMIO enabled in the bios, the bios detects 4GB and Vista detects
> >> 3GB (3070MB).
> >>
> >> Vista X32 should support 4GB, the mainboard does support 4GB.
> >>
> >> How do I get my 1GB? I didn't buy that extra 2GB dual channel kit for
> >> just
> >> 1GB of extra RAM
> >>
> >> Patrick

nibbley

Re: DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, 4GB and Vista Ultimate X32 = only 3G
The only other thing that I see missing is if he has shared RAM for video?
If he has 1GB shared to video there's the missing RAM Sounds pretty wierd
to me unless he has the matched pair that isn't matched, in the wrong slots,
But it should be showing at least 4MB from the POST screen.