Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

DVD drive not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Ym93bGluZzI1NQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
DVD drive not working
My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says
CODE 10 this device cannot start.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Ym93bGluZzI1NQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: DVD drive not working
Ok I figured it out it was the Norton 360 beta after I uninstalled it they
worked again.

"bowling255" wrote:

> My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says
> CODE 10 this device cannot start.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
Hugh Wyn Griffith
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
Interesting -- I'm running the Public Beta of Norton 360 and my two
DVDs work OK .....

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Ym93bGluZzI1NQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
And it must have been the reason my computer would not shutdown or restart
too because as soon as i unisalled it i could use my 2 dvd drives and can
restart my computer now.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:

> Interesting -- I'm running the Public Beta of Norton 360 and my two
> DVDs work OK .....
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
Hugh Wyn Griffith
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
Not necessarily related but in case you run into it, I had to update
the firmware on one of my Plextor DVD burners before VISTA Setup would
run. Said it couldn't find a DVD drive .....

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TmVlaw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
I seem to be having a similar problem. I bought a laptop with Vista already
installed. The cd/dvd drive seemed to be working ok, however last night it
stopped working. Now there is no dvd drive in my control panel. It says that
the driver is corrupt. I have uninstalled the drive, and installed again, but
it says i have the most up to date driver... but that it's not connected. I
really don't know much about computers... (learning)... but when i plug my
phone in to the USB port a second F: removable drive appears also (DVD??) but
it still doesn't work. I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 and Norton security.

If someone could please tell (very basically) what i need to do... or should
i just take it back to where i bought it?

Thanks for your help.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:

> Not necessarily related but in case you run into it, I had to update
> the firmware on one of my Plextor DVD burners before VISTA Setup would
> run. Said it couldn't find a DVD drive .....
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2007
Hugh Wyn Griffith
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
If you've only just bought it and it is not working I'd take it back to the
store right away and either get it replaced or repaired. Optical drives do tend
to fail unpredictably and they are expensive to replace.

> but when i plug my*phone in to the USB port a second F: removable drive >

appears also (DVD??) but*it still doesn't work

I believe it is not unusual for devices plugged into USB to be regarded as
drives and given a letter -- it is probably treating your SIM card as a memory
device, which it is.

But how to use that is really a matter for the phone manufacturer. I know I have
not succeeded in getting my PC and my Nokia phone to talk to each other.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2007
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD drive not working
Below is your problem and the fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Neek" <Neek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCA3AACF-D515-465E-BD48-4F5859684D3F@microsoft.com...
>I seem to be having a similar problem. I bought a laptop with Vista already
> installed. The cd/dvd drive seemed to be working ok, however last night it
> stopped working. Now there is no dvd drive in my control panel. It says that
> the driver is corrupt. I have uninstalled the drive, and installed again, but
> it says i have the most up to date driver... but that it's not connected. I
> really don't know much about computers... (learning)... but when i plug my
> phone in to the USB port a second F: removable drive appears also (DVD??) but
> it still doesn't work. I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 and Norton security.
>
> If someone could please tell (very basically) what i need to do... or should
> i just take it back to where i bought it?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:
>
>> Not necessarily related but in case you run into it, I had to update
>> the firmware on one of my Plextor DVD burners before VISTA Setup would
>> run. Said it couldn't find a DVD drive .....
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2007
=?Utf-8?B?bWpo?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: DVD drive not working
I have the exact same problem. DVD/CD quit working. Code 10, cannot start?
Can anyone help with this? Delete and reinstall does not help. Driver update
does not help... Help is appreciated. Thanx in advance!

"bowling255" wrote:

> My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says
> CODE 10 this device cannot start.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?dWx0cmF2aXhvbg==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: DVD drive not working
Hi there, Just experienced the same problem, but by looking through other
discussion groups found out it was itunes 7 which was causing the problem...
it just not compatible with vista yet!. I uninstalled it and eveything works
again! Hopefully you have resolved the problem already but thought i'd let
anyone else know who is having the same problems.

"mjh" wrote:

> I have the exact same problem. DVD/CD quit working. Code 10, cannot start?
> Can anyone help with this? Delete and reinstall does not help. Driver update
> does not help... Help is appreciated. Thanx in advance!
>
> "bowling255" wrote:
>
> > My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says
> > CODE 10 this device cannot start.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CD/DVD drive not working =?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJudXJzZTk5OQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-01-2007 12:40
Help with DVD Drive =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 14 02-23-2007 05:22
Does not see sony cd/dvd drive =?Utf-8?B?amF5ZSBmYXllZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 01-14-2007 08:11
DVD drive issue =?Utf-8?B?QWxsZW5qYW1pZXNvbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 12-18-2006 21:27
DVD Writer and CD Drive stopped working (Code 37) =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IEc=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 12-07-2006 13:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120