Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : /

=?Utf-8?B?RXZhbjExNTc=?=

Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : /
I got Vista yesterday and got it installed, it's working fine except it
didn't properly recognize my video card. When I booted it, it installed a
generic driver for my card, and now thinks I have a 'Standard VGA Graphics
Adapter' instead of my NVIDIA GeForce Go7900GTX. I downloaded NVIDIA's Vista
drivers, but my computer is convinced I have the 'standard vga graphics
adapter' and the installer says it couldn't find any compatable hardware and
exited, so I tried uninstalling it from the device manager and rebooted it,
but Vista beat me to it when I tried to run the installer again, what should
I do?
Wojnarowski

Re: Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : /

"Evan1157" <Evan1157@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got Vista yesterday and got it installed, it's working fine except it
> didn't properly recognize my video card. When I booted it, it installed a
> generic driver for my card, and now thinks I have a 'Standard VGA Graphics
> Adapter' instead of my NVIDIA GeForce Go7900GTX. I downloaded NVIDIA's
> Vista
> drivers, but my computer is convinced I have the 'standard vga graphics
> adapter' and the installer says it couldn't find any compatable hardware
> and
> exited, so I tried uninstalling it from the device manager and rebooted
> it,
> but Vista beat me to it when I tried to run the installer again, what
> should
> I do?

Check for the newest drivers for GeForce Go7900GTX on:

JW

Re: Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : /
For drivers for a Vista "GO" card you may need to get it from the system
mnufacturers Website since it appears that the system manufacturer has not
yet provided one to MS and had it approved so that it could have been
available at installation time.

"Wojnarowski" <wojnar@owski.net> wrote in message

> "Evan1157" <Evan1157@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I got Vista yesterday and got it installed, it's working fine except it
>> didn't properly recognize my video card. When I booted it, it installed a
>> generic driver for my card, and now thinks I have a 'Standard VGA
>> Graphics
>> Adapter' instead of my NVIDIA GeForce Go7900GTX. I downloaded NVIDIA's
>> Vista
>> drivers, but my computer is convinced I have the 'standard vga graphics
>> adapter' and the installer says it couldn't find any compatable hardware
>> and
>> exited, so I tried uninstalling it from the device manager and rebooted
>> it,
>> but Vista beat me to it when I tried to run the installer again, what
>> should
>> I do?

> Check for the newest drivers for GeForce Go7900GTX on:
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Michael Price

Re: Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : /
Try the drivers from www.laptopvideo2go.com They modify the .inf files to
support the mobile cards until you laptop vendor comes out with proper Vista
drivers.

I have been using them successfully for a long time now.