Problems with iTUNES and iPOD sync.

Bill Walter

Problems with iTUNES and iPOD sync.
Is anyone running iTunes and have you seen any of the problems listed below?

I am running iTunes 7.0.2.16 and iPod 60G version 1.2.1. If I leave iTunes
open and not playing any content for several hours I will get a pop-up
window C++ Runtime Error with no additional information. When I close the
pop-up iTunes will close.

When I plug my iPod into the USB port I get an error message:

Microsoft Windows
Do you want to scan and fix BILL Walter (G?
There might be a problem with some files on the device or disc. This
can happen if you remove the device or disc before the files have been
written to it.

Scan and fix (recommended)
This will prevent future problems copying files to this device or disc.

Continue without scanning.

If I select FIX it runs for about 5 minutes and then give a message that it
failed.

The disk check could not be performed because Windows cannot access the
disk.

If I click continue without scanning it appears to work but I get the
message the next time I try to sync.

My iPod was originally 1.2.0 and then I started getting messages about an
upgrade to 1.2.1. When I tried to update I would get a failure message. I
finally had to go to a Windows XP Pro installation of iTunes to get the
update to work.

There is also a restore button. When I try to restore I get a message that
the iPod could not be restored unknown error (1418).

The final problem is that I subscribe to Audible books and I have an audible
download add-on in iTunes. It requires and activation to allow the DRM
protection to work for the books. I can activate one time but the activation
does not get written to the registry so I get asked for a new activation
each time I download a book. I only get 5 activations before I have to call
and get it reset which can often be a 45 minute to 1 hour call.

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpbiBCb25uZXI=?=

RE: Problems with iTUNES and iPOD sync.
i am having the same issue. i am currently running the same version of iTunes
but have the 80gb. I'm not recieving any errors but when i plug my iPod in,
it displays in the sidebar in iTunes and says its syncing but yet does
nothing. I restored my iPod and the problem still persisted. I left my house
for about 2 hours and when I came home it started to sync my entire library
but then iTunes crashed.