Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
Here's the blue screen error number..
0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
even though I've never heard of anyone being able to tell you what it means.

Here's my machine specs..
A8N32 SLI Deluxe ASUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2,
TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CORSAIR XMS RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC in SLI mode, 2
Sony DWQ30A DVD Dual Burners, Mitsumi 7&1 floppy/card reader, Adaptec 4 USB/3
Firewire card, SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-65ZF ATX 650W power supply, Silverstone
SST-TJ07 case

It had a MS bluetooth KB/M but I unplugged those/the receiver/transmitter to
see if that stopped crashes.

I've disabled all kinds of power options because it wasn't shutting down,
Screen would go black but machine still running. It will finally shut off
now but still crashes.

I"m using the latest Nvidia drivers, not the one Windows update
installed-crashed with those to.
Using the lates Realtek drivers, not the one windows update
installed-crashed with those to.

Keep getting a blue screen, intermitentally, while doing different things.
There's a unknown device in manager that never will install, I've disabled
that yet all HW working. I've unplugged the game port and serial port from
MB headers, still crashing.

Software installed:
All updates from MS update
Office 2007 Ultimate: Crashed without this
Turbo Tax 2007: Crashed without this
Quicken 20003: Crashed without this

Any ideas?
=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
Hard drives are 2 74GB Raptors on the nvidia controlers, 1 & 2 I think, in a
RAID 0, OS & programs, 2 seagate 160GB SATA on the other 2 nvidia
controllers, RAID O; a WD 80GB drive partitioned into 2 40GB drives on the
IDE cable with a 120GB WD on the other IDE connection on the same cable.
Sorry I forgot to put this in original post.

"DCELL" wrote:

> Here's the blue screen error number..
> 0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
> even though I've never heard of anyone being able to tell you what it means.
>
> Here's my machine specs..
> A8N32 SLI Deluxe ASUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2,
> TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CORSAIR XMS RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC in SLI mode, 2
> Sony DWQ30A DVD Dual Burners, Mitsumi 7&1 floppy/card reader, Adaptec 4 USB/3
> Firewire card, SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-65ZF ATX 650W power supply, Silverstone
> SST-TJ07 case
>
> It had a MS bluetooth KB/M but I unplugged those/the receiver/transmitter to
> see if that stopped crashes.
>
> I've disabled all kinds of power options because it wasn't shutting down,
> Screen would go black but machine still running. It will finally shut off
> now but still crashes.
>
> I"m using the latest Nvidia drivers, not the one Windows update
> installed-crashed with those to.
> Using the lates Realtek drivers, not the one windows update
> installed-crashed with those to.
>
> Keep getting a blue screen, intermitentally, while doing different things.
> There's a unknown device in manager that never will install, I've disabled
> that yet all HW working. I've unplugged the game port and serial port from
> MB headers, still crashing.
>
> Software installed:
> All updates from MS update
> Office 2007 Ultimate: Crashed without this
> Turbo Tax 2007: Crashed without this
> Quicken 20003: Crashed without this
>
> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
Don't even know if it's related to the decribed crashes but the unknown
device driver, in device manager, the general detail tab, says it's on PCI
Standard ISA Bridge. In the details tab, it says-- ACPI\PNPB006 PNPB006.

Also, when a crash is getting ready to come on, the mouse get's sluggish and
starts to freeze up.

"DCELL" wrote:

> Hard drives are 2 74GB Raptors on the nvidia controlers, 1 & 2 I think, in a
> RAID 0, OS & programs, 2 seagate 160GB SATA on the other 2 nvidia
> controllers, RAID O; a WD 80GB drive partitioned into 2 40GB drives on the
> IDE cable with a 120GB WD on the other IDE connection on the same cable.
> Sorry I forgot to put this in original post.
>
> "DCELL" wrote:
>
> > Here's the blue screen error number..
> > 0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
> > even though I've never heard of anyone being able to tell you what it means.
> >
> > Here's my machine specs..
> > A8N32 SLI Deluxe ASUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2,
> > TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CORSAIR XMS RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC in SLI mode, 2
> > Sony DWQ30A DVD Dual Burners, Mitsumi 7&1 floppy/card reader, Adaptec 4 USB/3
> > Firewire card, SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-65ZF ATX 650W power supply, Silverstone
> > SST-TJ07 case
> >
> > It had a MS bluetooth KB/M but I unplugged those/the receiver/transmitter to
> > see if that stopped crashes.
> >
> > I've disabled all kinds of power options because it wasn't shutting down,
> > Screen would go black but machine still running. It will finally shut off
> > now but still crashes.
> >
> > I"m using the latest Nvidia drivers, not the one Windows update
> > installed-crashed with those to.
> > Using the lates Realtek drivers, not the one windows update
> > installed-crashed with those to.
> >
> > Keep getting a blue screen, intermitentally, while doing different things.
> > There's a unknown device in manager that never will install, I've disabled
> > that yet all HW working. I've unplugged the game port and serial port from
> > MB headers, still crashing.
> >
> > Software installed:
> > All updates from MS update
> > Office 2007 Ultimate: Crashed without this
> > Turbo Tax 2007: Crashed without this
> > Quicken 20003: Crashed without this
> >
> > Any ideas?

Owen Smith

Re: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
What driver caused the crash?
Find the filename just above the line that told you about the BSOD error
number, google it to find out who made it and ask them for a fix.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:06:01 -0000, DCELL
<DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Don't even know if it's related to the decribed crashes but the unknown
> device driver, in device manager, the general detail tab, says it's on
> PCI
> Standard ISA Bridge. In the details tab, it says-- ACPI\PNPB006
> PNPB006.
>
> Also, when a crash is getting ready to come on, the mouse get's sluggish
> and
> starts to freeze up.
>

> "DCELL" wrote:
>
>> Hard drives are 2 74GB Raptors on the nvidia controlers, 1 & 2 I think,
>> in a
>> RAID 0, OS & programs, 2 seagate 160GB SATA on the other 2 nvidia
>> controllers, RAID O; a WD 80GB drive partitioned into 2 40GB drives on
>> the
>> IDE cable with a 120GB WD on the other IDE connection on the same cable.
>> Sorry I forgot to put this in original post.
>>
>> "DCELL" wrote:
>>
>> > Here's the blue screen error number..
>> > 0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
>> > even though I've never heard of anyone being able to tell you what it

>> means.
>> >
>> > Here's my machine specs..
>> > A8N32 SLI Deluxe ASUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2,
>> > TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CORSAIR XMS RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC in SLI

>> mode, 2
>> > Sony DWQ30A DVD Dual Burners, Mitsumi 7&1 floppy/card reader, Adaptec

>> 4 USB/3
>> > Firewire card, SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-65ZF ATX 650W power supply,

>> Silverstone
>> > SST-TJ07 case
>> >
>> > It had a MS bluetooth KB/M but I unplugged those/the

>> receiver/transmitter to
>> > see if that stopped crashes.
>> >
>> > I've disabled all kinds of power options because it wasn't shutting

>> down,
>> > Screen would go black but machine still running. It will finally

>> shut off
>> > now but still crashes.
>> >
>> > I"m using the latest Nvidia drivers, not the one Windows update
>> > installed-crashed with those to.
>> > Using the lates Realtek drivers, not the one windows update
>> > installed-crashed with those to.
>> >
>> > Keep getting a blue screen, intermitentally, while doing different

>> things.
>> > There's a unknown device in manager that never will install, I've

>> disabled
>> > that yet all HW working. I've unplugged the game port and serial

>> port from
>> > MB headers, still crashing.
>> >
>> > Software installed:
>> > All updates from MS update
>> > Office 2007 Ultimate: Crashed without this
>> > Turbo Tax 2007: Crashed without this
>> > Quicken 20003: Crashed without this
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Re: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
There is no file name, just that error number.......

"Owen Smith" wrote:

> What driver caused the crash?
> Find the filename just above the line that told you about the BSOD error
> number, google it to find out who made it and ask them for a fix.
>

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:06:01 -0000, DCELL
> <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't even know if it's related to the decribed crashes but the unknown
> > device driver, in device manager, the general detail tab, says it's on
> > PCI
> > Standard ISA Bridge. In the details tab, it says-- ACPI\PNPB006
> > PNPB006.
> >
> > Also, when a crash is getting ready to come on, the mouse get's sluggish
> > and
> > starts to freeze up.
> >

> > "DCELL" wrote:
> >
> >> Hard drives are 2 74GB Raptors on the nvidia controlers, 1 & 2 I think,
> >> in a
> >> RAID 0, OS & programs, 2 seagate 160GB SATA on the other 2 nvidia
> >> controllers, RAID O; a WD 80GB drive partitioned into 2 40GB drives on
> >> the
> >> IDE cable with a 120GB WD on the other IDE connection on the same cable.
> >> Sorry I forgot to put this in original post.

> >> means.

> >> mode, 2
> >> 4 USB/3
> >> Silverstone

> >> receiver/transmitter to

> >> down,
> >> shut off

> >> things.
> >> disabled
> >> port from

Owen Smith

Re: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
1) download WinDbg
2) install it
3) Open the Crash dump that is in c:\windows\minidump (it will be the
latest file date)
4) type !analyze -v in the command window
5) after a long spew of text, there should be a line "probably caused by"
and the filename your after

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:28:01 -0000, DCELL
<DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> There is no file name, just that error number.......
>
> "Owen Smith" wrote:
>
>> What driver caused the crash?
>> Find the filename just above the line that told you about the BSOD error
>> number, google it to find out who made it and ask them for a fix.
>>

>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:06:01 -0000, DCELL
>> <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Don't even know if it's related to the decribed crashes but the

>> unknown
>> > device driver, in device manager, the general detail tab, says it's on
>> > PCI
>> > Standard ISA Bridge. In the details tab, it says-- ACPI\PNPB006
>> > PNPB006.
>> >
>> > Also, when a crash is getting ready to come on, the mouse get's

>> sluggish
>> > and
>> > starts to freeze up.

>> think,

>> on

>> cable.

>> it

>> SLI

>> Adaptec

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Re: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
Thanks, I'll try that when I get home. I looked at work for that file to
download, can't seem to find it though. Any ideas where to get it, maybe
it's loaded with the Vista install and I just use the run command box???

"Owen Smith" wrote:

> 1) download WinDbg
> 2) install it
> 3) Open the Crash dump that is in c:\windows\minidump (it will be the
> latest file date)
> 4) type !analyze -v in the command window
> 5) after a long spew of text, there should be a line "probably caused by"
> and the filename your after
>
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:28:01 -0000, DCELL
> <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > There is no file name, just that error number.......
> >
> > "Owen Smith" wrote:
> >
> >> What driver caused the crash?
> >> Find the filename just above the line that told you about the BSOD error
> >> number, google it to find out who made it and ask them for a fix.

> >> unknown

> >> sluggish

> >> think,
> >> on
> >> cable.

> >> it

> >> SLI
> >> Adaptec

> >> --
> >> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Owen Smith

Re: Blue Screen Vista Ultimate RTM
download windbg from
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...g/default.mspx
when you open windbg and File->Open Crash Dump you will get a command
window (not a dos style box) as part of the windbg program (it has a
really annoying child window docking system, but you only need the command
window (View->Command)

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:44:02 -0000, DCELL