Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Help with DVD Drive

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Help with DVD Drive
After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
every few seconds.

Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
is not recognized.

If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
most up to date drivers avaialble.

The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA

The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
compatibility with no avail.

Any ideas???
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IGUu?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
I have the same problem after Vista was installed. It disable both of my
pioneer dvd-rw drives. help.


"Paul" wrote:

> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> every few seconds.
>
> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> is not recognized.
>
> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> most up to date drivers avaialble.
>
> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
>
> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> compatibility with no avail.
>
> Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
I followed a post which suggested deleting the lower and upper filter values
in the Registry. Unfortunately, Windows wouldn't boot afterwards. (Note
that there's another post around here somewhere where someone else had the
boot problem after deleting the filter values and others told him he was
crazy. Happened to me as well, though).

So I then ran a repair using the Vista DVD. The start-up repair option was
unsuccessful, so I gave a restore point a try. That allowed me to boot and
brought back the missing drive and it's full functionality.

I still get the Program Compatibility Assistant telling me that Sonic DLA
has been disabled, but it stops popping up after 10 minutes or so. I'll live
with it until there's a fix or I decide to use group policy to turn off PCA.

"Robert e." wrote:

> I have the same problem after Vista was installed. It disable both of my
> pioneer dvd-rw drives. help.
>
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> > Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> > Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> > every few seconds.
> >
> > Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> > available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> > and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> > uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> > refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> > Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> > window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> > is not recognized.
> >
> > If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> > indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> > corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> > most up to date drivers avaialble.
> >
> > The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
> >
> > The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> > for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> > compatibility with no avail.
> >
> > Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q290dWZv?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
I have the same problem and I wonder if installing the new version of Roxio
Creator 9 will solve the problem.

"Paul" wrote:

> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> every few seconds.
>
> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> is not recognized.
>
> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> most up to date drivers avaialble.
>
> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
>
> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> compatibility with no avail.
>
> Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
cash
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with DVD Drive
hello: this method worked for me

Method 1: Remove the registry entry
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly
by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might
require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Note If you had installed multiple CD-writing software products on your
computer, you need to uninstall the software products before you remove the
registry keys.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

I have had the missing drive/no drivers issue twice before and both times
this solution worked. If you don't like messing with the registry then read
this article

Article ID : 320553
Last Review : August 3, 2006
Revision : 4.2
This article was previously published under Q320553
"Cotufo" <Cotufo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F102DA66-8875-4D27-8171-C9A4C600C521@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem and I wonder if installing the new version of Roxio
> Creator 9 will solve the problem.
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that
>> "Sonic
>> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being
>> disabled.
>> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
>> every few seconds.
>>
>> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date
>> drivers
>> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions
>> drivers
>> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting
>> step, I
>> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
>> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled
>> Sonic
>> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
>> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the
>> DVD
>> is not recognized.
>>
>> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties
>> sheet
>> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
>> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have
>> the
>> most up to date drivers avaialble.
>>
>> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
>>
>> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers
>> specifically
>> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
>> compatibility with no avail.
>>
>> Any ideas???


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UmViZWNjYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
I have the same problem Paul. Easy Media Creator 8 has not been tested with
and is not compatible with Windows Vista. There are a few others that are
also not compatible with VISTA. I guess this problem forces us to buy Sonic
Solutions other products

"Paul" wrote:

> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> every few seconds.
>
> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> is not recognized.
>
> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> most up to date drivers avaialble.
>
> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
>
> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> compatibility with no avail.
>
> Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UmViZWNjYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and Deluxe Suite, MyDVD 9, and RecordNow 9 work
with Windows Vista. So they say! This software is available through
Sonic.com. From the looks of it, it looks like even other programs for the
CD/DVD are not recognized by VISTA. I would have thought they would have
picked this up during Beta testing.

"Rebecca" wrote:

> I have the same problem Paul. Easy Media Creator 8 has not been tested with
> and is not compatible with Windows Vista. There are a few others that are
> also not compatible with VISTA. I guess this problem forces us to buy Sonic
> Solutions other products
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> > Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> > Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> > every few seconds.
> >
> > Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> > available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> > and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> > uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> > refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> > Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> > window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> > is not recognized.
> >
> > If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> > indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> > corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> > most up to date drivers avaialble.
> >
> > The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
> >
> > The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> > for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> > compatibility with no avail.
> >
> > Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with DVD Drive
Hi Rebecca,

I'd be happy enough not having to get by the "blocked driver" error the
Sonic DLA is causing on start-up. I performed cash's steps from the earlier
post, as well as taken out just about anything related to Sonic or Roxio in
the Registry but the straggler still comes up everytime.

"Rebecca" wrote:

> Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and Deluxe Suite, MyDVD 9, and RecordNow 9 work
> with Windows Vista. So they say! This software is available through
> Sonic.com. From the looks of it, it looks like even other programs for the
> CD/DVD are not recognized by VISTA. I would have thought they would have
> picked this up during Beta testing.
>
> "Rebecca" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem Paul. Easy Media Creator 8 has not been tested with
> > and is not compatible with Windows Vista. There are a few others that are
> > also not compatible with VISTA. I guess this problem forces us to buy Sonic
> > Solutions other products
> >
> > "Paul" wrote:
> >
> > > After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic
> > > Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled.
> > > Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> > > every few seconds.
> > >
> > > Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers
> > > available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions drivers
> > > and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting step, I
> > > uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> > > refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled Sonic
> > > Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> > > window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the DVD
> > > is not recognized.
> > >
> > > If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties sheet
> > > indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> > > corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have the
> > > most up to date drivers avaialble.
> > >
> > > The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
> > >
> > > The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers specifically
> > > for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> > > compatibility with no avail.
> > >
> > > Any ideas???

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with DVD Drive
I also have the same problem. Installing Creator 9 gave the same driver
incompatibility message. I have dual cd/dvd drives that stopped working ..
I had to use a paper clip to open the drives to get the DVD's out!. I
removed Creator 9 and the drives started working again. SONIC web site is
no help. I opened a 'problem ticket' as if that will really help!

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A73192A0-2F67-4381-81AD-364DD28C4E1A@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem Paul. Easy Media Creator 8 has not been tested with
> and is not compatible with Windows Vista. There are a few others that are
> also not compatible with VISTA. I guess this problem forces us to buy
> Sonic
> Solutions other products
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that
>> "Sonic
>> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being
>> disabled.
>> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
>> every few seconds.
>>
>> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date
>> drivers
>> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions
>> drivers
>> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting
>> step, I
>> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
>> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled
>> Sonic
>> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
>> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the
>> DVD
>> is not recognized.
>>
>> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties
>> sheet
>> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
>> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have
>> the
>> most up to date drivers avaialble.
>>
>> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
>>
>> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers
>> specifically
>> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
>> compatibility with no avail.
>>
>> Any ideas???


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UmViZWNjYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with DVD Drive
How sorry I feel for you
I'm just going to leave mine alone and work out the OTHER VISTA problems in
the hope that Sonic Solutions will come up with the antedote

"Dave" wrote:

> I also have the same problem. Installing Creator 9 gave the same driver
> incompatibility message. I have dual cd/dvd drives that stopped working ..
> I had to use a paper clip to open the drives to get the DVD's out!. I
> removed Creator 9 and the drives started working again. SONIC web site is
> no help. I opened a 'problem ticket' as if that will really help!
>
> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A73192A0-2F67-4381-81AD-364DD28C4E1A@microsoft.com...
> >I have the same problem Paul. Easy Media Creator 8 has not been tested with
> > and is not compatible with Windows Vista. There are a few others that are
> > also not compatible with VISTA. I guess this problem forces us to buy
> > Sonic
> > Solutions other products
> >
> > "Paul" wrote:
> >
> >> After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that
> >> "Sonic
> >> Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being
> >> disabled.
> >> Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up
> >> every few seconds.
> >>
> >> Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date
> >> drivers
> >> available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions
> >> drivers
> >> and a Microsoft CDROM driver that was working. As a troubleshooting
> >> step, I
> >> uninstalled the driver via the option on it's properties sheet. After
> >> refreshing, Windows reinstalled a generic MS driver and the disabled
> >> Sonic
> >> Solutions drivers reappeared as well (along with the constant pop-up info
> >> window telling me the Sonic driver has been disabled). However now, the
> >> DVD
> >> is not recognized.
> >>
> >> If I look to the DVD drive in Device Manager, it's theres. Properties
> >> sheet
> >> indicates the device is not working properties and that the drivers are
> >> corrupt or missing. If I update the driver however, I'm told that I have
> >> the
> >> most up to date drivers avaialble.
> >>
> >> The drive is labeled: hl-dt-st-DVDRAM_GSA-H10N ATA
> >>
> >> The Lenovo ThinkCentre support site does not offer any drivers
> >> specifically
> >> for the DVD drive, although I installed a system update package for Vista
> >> compatibility with no avail.
> >>
> >> Any ideas???

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CD/DVD drive problem =?Utf-8?B?Rmls?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 18 12-30-2007 23:30
CD/DVD drive not working =?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJudXJzZTk5OQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-01-2007 12:40
DVD Drive is missing churin microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 22 02-28-2007 22:18
Does not see sony cd/dvd drive =?Utf-8?B?amF5ZSBmYXllZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 01-14-2007 08:11
DVD drive issue =?Utf-8?B?QWxsZW5qYW1pZXNvbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 12-18-2006 21:27




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120