nvmcp.sys bluescreens

=?Utf-8?B?TGFrZXNpZGU=?=

nvmcp.sys bluescreens
Hello,
I finished installing Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (fresh
install, NOT upgrade) and when I try to play some of my games I get the blue
screen that says the culprit is nvmcp.sys from nvidia and after sending the
information they say to click on the windows update and that a update is
available from microsoft update but all I get is the updater telling me that
my computer is up to date.

Heres the message that windows updater tells me:
Download updates for NVIDIA nForce Audio Driver (nvmcp.sys)

This problem was caused by NVIDIA nForce Audio Driver (nvmcp.sys). NVIDIA
nForce Audio Driver (nvmcp.sys) was created by NVIDIA Corporation.

An update is available from Microsoft Update that will solve this problem.

Solution

Go to Microsoft Update.
Select the updates for NVIDIA nForce Audio Driver (nvmcp.sys), and then
click Review and install updates.
The Microsoft Update website only provides drivers for specific hardware
devices. If a new driver for your device is not listed on the Microsoft
Update website, contact NVIDIA Corporation online at NVIDIA Corporation.

Note: To use Microsoft Update, you need the latest Microsoft Update
software. If you have not installed the latest Microsoft Update software, you
will be asked to upgrade and restart your computer before you can use the
website. After restarting, go to the Microsoft Update website. Click Custom,
click Hardware, Optional, select all NVIDIA nForce Audio Driver (nvmcp.sys)
updates, and then click Review and install updates.

Use Automatic Updates to keep your computer up to date.

With Automatic Updates, you don't have to search for updates online or worry
that critical fixes for Windows might be missing from your computer. Windows
automatically checks for the latest important updates for your computer.
Depending on the Automatic Updates settings you choose, Windows can install
updates automatically or just let you know they're available.

To learn more about Automatic Updates, read Microsoft Update and other
services: Frequently asked questions online.

So where exactly do I get this Nvidia nvmcp.sys update because it's not
showing on my windows updater at all and I couldnt find anything on the
Nvidia site that was a driver for Vista other than perhaps a beta driver for
Vista RC1 way back last year.

Thanks,

Lakesidezx

Re: nvmcp.sys bluescreens
Well, I don't know if it was the best solution, but I installed the Nvidia
drivers from the cd that came with my motherboard even though they were made
for XP and it seems to have cured the problem for now, though I'll have to
have more actual game playing time to see if it's really permanantly cured.

bettsaj

Re: nvmcp.sys bluescreens

Try the following link.

'Realtek' (http://tinyurl.com/nm6xs)

--
bettsaj

"You've seen the film, now get the doll. Handi Bendi Ghandi, complete
with a wardrobe of robes and a cast of five thousand"