Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyb25vVDUy?=

Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility
I have updated the drivers for the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller to
5.5.0.1035. I simply cannot get Vista Ultimate to install- it keeps telling
me that the drivers are incompatible. From what I can tell, people using the
beta versions and RC1 could get it to work, but here in the final retail
version I cannot get it to work. Anybody else having this problem?

I do not want to risk a clean install as I don't want to end up with a
paperweight.

If it matters, I'm using a basically stock Dell XPS Gen 2.
gripstock@gmail.com

Re: Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility
I decided in early December to download RC1. I tried to do a clean
install and I could never get VISTA RC1 to recogonize any 82801ER
driver I threw at it booting from the DVD disk. VISTA could recognize
I had the RAID controller but refused to accept a couple I found. I
had the OEM driver that came on the ASUS CD with my motherboard and
two others that were later versions but none would work. I found a
post from someone that claimed they used a version number I could find
nowhere.
I worked for three afternoons maybe a total of seven hours attempting
to install, finally I gave up and did an upgrade from within Windows
XP.
I have always believed in a clean install of any new MS operating
system but it looks like for ease of installation and price I am going
to risk it and buy a VISTA Ultimate Upgrade version.

I know I have a different motherboard from yous so we possibly can't
compare and figure out how to do a clean install but here is some of
the information on my system:

ASUS P4C800E Deluxe (Purchased about three years ago)
875P Chipset
1GB DDR400
2 WD Raptor 36 GB DRives running RAID 0

My current version of Windows XP Ser Pack 2
Device Manager Reports the following information under SCSI and RAID
Controllers:

Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller
Driver: Intel Ver 3.5.0.2568 6/17/2003

Device Manager Reports the following information under Disk Drives:

RAID 0 Volume

Under Driver Tab:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/17/2003
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0

Aparrently if I upgrade, VISTA can use my Intel RAID boot drivers to
start on but it cannot use them for a clean install?

On Jan 30, 11:06 pm, ChronoT52 <Chrono...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have updated the drivers for the Intel82801ERSATARAID Controller to
> 5.5.0.1035. I simply cannot get Vista Ultimate to install- it keeps telling
> me that the drivers are incompatible. From what I can tell, people using the
> beta versions and RC1 could get it to work, but here in the final retail
> version I cannot get it to work. Anybody else having this problem?
>
> I do not want to risk a clean install as I don't want to end up with a
> paperweight.
>
> If it matters, I'm using a basically stock Dell XPS Gen 2.

nospam@fastmail.net

Re: Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility
I had a tough time with the controller too. I never did get it to
work(It me fits with my Wester Digital Raptor 16k cache drives). I
ended up using the Onboard SIL3112 SATA controller, to install a fresh
copy. One thing to keep in mind is that for Windows to install and not
give you a message that "Windows cannot find a suitable system volume
for installation" message, the drive you are installing to must be the
first drive. I found this out after pulling my hair out, trying to get
Vista installed.

Once I finally did get it installed, I was able to get the Intel
drivers loaded, using the Intel Intel« Matrix Storage Manager install.
The software would fail on install, however, the drivers would install
and have been working fine. I don't know what version these are, as
I'm no on my Vista machine, at the moment. I don't know if this was
the best way to go, but it's working.