Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbmFyZCBNYXJ4?=

Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver
Hi, I cannot install my HP LaserJet MFP 2840, error says driver incompatible,
does anyone can help me? please.

Thanks a lot.
Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver
In article <70AA240F-2825-4B81-9F74-FDD191E3EEED@microsoft.com>,
Leonard Marx wrote:
> HP LaserJet MFP 2840

Check the HP website and keep chekcing.

Here's a long link that takes you to their statement on VISTA drivers
for this model:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?
lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00808536#ref6

<< 6 - Yes. Your product is supported. Drivers for HP printers are
included with the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System. Additional
software will be available soon.

[ .... ]

Currently, a full-solution driver is not available for your product.
However, we do have an alternative driver solution that you can
conveniently find in Microsoft Windows Vista. This driver will enable
your product's basic functions to work and can be used until the full
driver solution is available.

Full-solutions will be available as early as January 2007. HP expects
to complete the certification process for applicable software by July
2007. Solutions will be posted as they become available.

Click here to recieve e-mail updates from HP when a solution is
available.

HP aspires to provide the most up-to-date information on HP drivers and
software. Please check back soon for updates.

NOTE: If your printer currently uses either a PCL5, PCL6 or
PostScript XP driver you may download the current XP driver from HP to
provide printing functionality. Windows Vista printing is very similar
to Windows XP and most print drivers supported in XP environment for
LaserJet printers may also work in the Windows Vista operating system.

So if htey don't show one by the time you go there, register by using
the link they give which does not carry over into this message.

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbmFyZCBNYXJ4?=

Re: Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver
Hello, thanks for your hep but the informations that you send to me are not
completly truth, none of driver of the HP page can be installed in the Vista.
If you know some procedure to install it, please send it to me, my Vista
Windows is beta version. Thank you very much.

In article <2B98B07D-F74F-4168-8517-312FAA312FC6@microsoft.com>,
Leonard Marx wrote:

> my Vista*Windows is beta version

I suggest you use a retail versions, or RTM since that is what I have,
and I'm sure one of the things they have concentrated on is more
drivers.

I don't know enough about VISTA (yet) to help you deal with installing
drivers but if you tell people here exactly what happens and the exact
wording of any error messages plus exactly which version of VISTA you
are using they may be able to help you, if the problem is VISTA
protecting itself from non-certified drivers for example.