CD / DVD Writing

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

CD / DVD Writing
Hi,

I have a number of issues with CD/DVD writing. My computer and laptop each
take 2 hours to successfully burn a cd or dvd. an hour and fifty mnutes of
which is allegedly copying files. This time seems extortionate when compared
to the same computers doing it in 5 minutes flat using Windows XP. Any ideas?
Mike Williams

Re: CD / DVD Writing
Same experience all through the Vista beta when DVD writing. Sometimes
burning a DVD video would take all night. I know others reported the same
thing, but we got no feedback from MS.

> Hi,
>
> I have a number of issues with CD/DVD writing. My computer and laptop each
> take 2 hours to successfully burn a cd or dvd. an hour and fifty mnutes of
> which is allegedly copying files. This time seems extortionate when
> compared
> to the same computers doing it in 5 minutes flat using Windows XP. Any
> ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?dG9tYXMwOTA=?=

Re: CD / DVD Writing
I have a Dell that had Sonic Studios and Nero for DVD copying/burning

Now I have NOTHING with VISTA and I am unable to find any program in VISTA
media center to even do a simple copy of a DVD.

Any ideas?

"Mike Williams" wrote:

> Same experience all through the Vista beta when DVD writing. Sometimes
> burning a DVD video would take all night. I know others reported the same
> thing, but we got no feedback from MS.
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a number of issues with CD/DVD writing. My computer and laptop each
> > take 2 hours to successfully burn a cd or dvd. an hour and fifty mnutes of
> > which is allegedly copying files. This time seems extortionate when
> > compared
> > to the same computers doing it in 5 minutes flat using Windows XP. Any
> > ideas?

Mike Williams

Re: CD / DVD Writing
I was able to get VSO's CopyToDVD program working on one of the later builds
of Vista, but never tried it on the RTM version. You could simply d/load a
trial version of that or any other DVD program you find.

news73E4C9F-BFEA-45C6-9843-38376A9393CE@microsoft.com...