Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

ACPI error and "unkown device"

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?c3RlYWx0aHdvcmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
ACPI error and "unkown device"
Looks like I am not the only one with these problems!!! I have the "unknown
device" in my device manager, it shows as a coprocessor, I do have a duo core
processor in my HP notebook. I checked and they are both showing in device
manager. This is the hardware id that I got:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
Also, I am getting an ACPI error in event viewer:
IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Anybody have any suggestions??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2008
p0s3r
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"

I have the same problem with the unknown device it comes up as a
coprocessor and windows couldn't find any drivers for it on the net. I
have dual AMD Turion 64 processors and am running vista ultimate. Would
like to know wat it is.


--
p0s3r
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2008
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
You need to post the device id from the properties page for the device.

"p0s3r" <p0s3r.3484rz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news0s3r.3484rz@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> I have the same problem with the unknown device it comes up as a
> coprocessor and windows couldn't find any drivers for it on the net. I
> have dual AMD Turion 64 processors and am running vista ultimate. Would
> like to know wat it is.
>
>
> --
> p0s3r


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
p0s3r
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"

Yea sorry it comes up with this:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40


--
p0s3r
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
Here is a database that will help you nail down the device manufacturer and
name.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

"p0s3r" <p0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Yea sorry it comes up with this:
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40
>
>
> --
> p0s3r


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
btw, the way you use PCIDatabase.com is to put 10DE in the Vendor Search (it
is nVidia) and 0271 in the Device Search (it is the Promise Technologies
FastTrak TX2000 EIDE controller). That's how the database works.

I assume the result means it is an eide controller in the nvidia chip set.

"p0s3r" <p0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Yea sorry it comes up with this:
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40
>
>
> --
> p0s3r


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
Carlos
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
Colin,
Add these two additional places to the device id bag of tricks:
http://www.filewatcher.com/p/usbutil...6/usb.ids.html
http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/usb.ids
Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Here is a database that will help you nail down the device manufacturer and
> name.
> http://www.pcidatabase.com/
>
> "p0s3r" <p0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net...
> >
> > Yea sorry it comes up with this:
> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40
> >
> >
> > --
> > p0s3r

>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
Thanks, Carlos.

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:46C6BF30-5ABB-43A1-AF69-00295BBA964F@microsoft.com...
> Colin,
> Add these two additional places to the device id bag of tricks:
> http://www.filewatcher.com/p/usbutil...6/usb.ids.html
> http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/usb.ids
> Carlos
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Here is a database that will help you nail down the device manufacturer
>> and
>> name.
>> http://www.pcidatabase.com/
>>
>> "p0s3r" <p0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>> news0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net...
>> >
>> > Yea sorry it comes up with this:
>> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
>> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
>> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
>> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > p0s3r

>>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
Carlos
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ACPI error and "unkown device"
You are quite welcome, Colin!
Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Thanks, Carlos.
>
> "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:46C6BF30-5ABB-43A1-AF69-00295BBA964F@microsoft.com...
> > Colin,
> > Add these two additional places to the device id bag of tricks:
> > http://www.filewatcher.com/p/usbutil...6/usb.ids.html
> > http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/usb.ids
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is a database that will help you nail down the device manufacturer
> >> and
> >> name.
> >> http://www.pcidatabase.com/
> >>
> >> "p0s3r" <p0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >> news0s3r.348uh2@no-mx.forums.net...
> >> >
> >> > Yea sorry it comes up with this:
> >> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3
> >> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C
> >> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
> >> > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > p0s3r
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wmp11 "ran out of Memory" error code C00D11C6 =?Utf-8?B?bWZ0cg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 05-20-2008 22:39
Many USB Devices are "Unknown Device" in Device Manager =?Utf-8?B?QSBM?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-01-2007 03:41
previously working USB devices now showing as "Unknown Device" =?Utf-8?B?QSBM?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 02-27-2007 15:18
Can't assign partition letter, get error "directory not empty" =?Utf-8?B?Qy4gQnJpdHRvbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-18-2007 16:50
WM5 Sync with Vista "Windows Calender", "Contacts", and "Mail" =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-17-2007 01:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120