Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

USB Flash Drive Issue?

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=
 

Posts: n/a
USB Flash Drive Issue?
Hi,
I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
everything fine.

Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?dXNhc21h?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: USB Flash Drive Issue?
Are you trying to use the U3 software that came with the drive? I don't
believe that it's compatible with Vista.

- John

"Jon" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
> work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
> won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
> icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
> I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
> everything fine.
>
> Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: USB Flash Drive Issue?
No, also i don't know if it matters, but i am using Vista x86. All that i am
trying to do is access the files, and this drive does not have the U3
component anyway.

I did think of something though. I added an extra gig of ram to my computer
between the drive working and it not working. Could that have caused this
issue?

"usasma" wrote:

> Are you trying to use the U3 software that came with the drive? I don't
> believe that it's compatible with Vista.
>
> - John
>
> "Jon" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
> > work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
> > won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
> > icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
> > I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
> > everything fine.
> >
> > Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: USB Flash Drive Issue?
Yes, the extra gig of RAM, if you have an ASUS board, could be the issues.
For some reason, with some ASUS boards, if you put more then 2GB's of RAM on
the system, some of the USB headers on the board will not function properly.
Go back down to 2GBs and see of that solves your problem.

"Jon" wrote:

> No, also i don't know if it matters, but i am using Vista x86. All that i am
> trying to do is access the files, and this drive does not have the U3
> component anyway.
>
> I did think of something though. I added an extra gig of ram to my computer
> between the drive working and it not working. Could that have caused this
> issue?
>
> "usasma" wrote:
>
> > Are you trying to use the U3 software that came with the drive? I don't
> > believe that it's compatible with Vista.
> >
> > - John
> >
> > "Jon" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
> > > work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
> > > won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
> > > icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
> > > I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
> > > everything fine.
> > >
> > > Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: USB Flash Drive Issue?
Thanks. Actually i have a Gigabyte motherboard, but pulling that stick of ram
out did fix it. Now am back down to 2 gigs, but everything else works great

"DCELL" wrote:

> Yes, the extra gig of RAM, if you have an ASUS board, could be the issues.
> For some reason, with some ASUS boards, if you put more then 2GB's of RAM on
> the system, some of the USB headers on the board will not function properly.
> Go back down to 2GBs and see of that solves your problem.
>
> "Jon" wrote:
>
> > No, also i don't know if it matters, but i am using Vista x86. All that i am
> > trying to do is access the files, and this drive does not have the U3
> > component anyway.
> >
> > I did think of something though. I added an extra gig of ram to my computer
> > between the drive working and it not working. Could that have caused this
> > issue?
> >
> > "usasma" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you trying to use the U3 software that came with the drive? I don't
> > > believe that it's compatible with Vista.
> > >
> > > - John
> > >
> > > "Jon" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > > I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
> > > > work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
> > > > won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
> > > > icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
> > > > I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
> > > > everything fine.
> > > >
> > > > Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?dHVyYm90b2Vz?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: USB Flash Drive Issue?
just out of interest is it an nforce 4 board?

turbotoes


"Jon" wrote:

> Thanks. Actually i have a Gigabyte motherboard, but pulling that stick of ram
> out did fix it. Now am back down to 2 gigs, but everything else works great
>
> "DCELL" wrote:
>
> > Yes, the extra gig of RAM, if you have an ASUS board, could be the issues.
> > For some reason, with some ASUS boards, if you put more then 2GB's of RAM on
> > the system, some of the USB headers on the board will not function properly.
> > Go back down to 2GBs and see of that solves your problem.
> >
> > "Jon" wrote:
> >
> > > No, also i don't know if it matters, but i am using Vista x86. All that i am
> > > trying to do is access the files, and this drive does not have the U3
> > > component anyway.
> > >
> > > I did think of something though. I added an extra gig of ram to my computer
> > > between the drive working and it not working. Could that have caused this
> > > issue?
> > >
> > > "usasma" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Are you trying to use the U3 software that came with the drive? I don't
> > > > believe that it's compatible with Vista.
> > > >
> > > > - John
> > > >
> > > > "Jon" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > I have many things saved to a Sandisk MiniCruzer USB drive, and it seemed to
> > > > > work perfectly on Weds when i installed Vista on my computer, but now Vista
> > > > > won't read it. Vista recognizes it, and adds it to the "Remove Hardware"
> > > > > icon, and says that the driver is fine, but will not let me open the files.
> > > > > I have tried this drive on another computer running XP Pro, and it can open
> > > > > everything fine.
> > > > >
> > > > > Is there anything that i can do to try and make it work again?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 gb Flash Drive (USB and SD) -- no drivers found =?Utf-8?B?VklTVEE/PyEhRGF2ZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 20:14
Readyboost with flash drive question skinnyboywolfie@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-22-2007 11:48
USB Flash device Jacek Jurkowski microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 01-28-2007 12:30
How could I get a USB Flash disk's drive letter? =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1WXVhbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 01-26-2007 12:58
problems with my USB devices such as flash disk and memory reader =?Utf-8?B?U09VVFk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 12-23-2006 19:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120