Vista Resolution Problem

=?Utf-8?B?YW5lag==?=

Vista Resolution Problem
HI

I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to
max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024.
I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have
Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem?

Thank you
John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Resolution Problem
No problem just a little bit of hide and seek from Microsoft. Click on this
link from my website and all should be revealed.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"anej" <anej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to
> max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024.
> I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have
> Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem?
>
> Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?U3RhbiBTcG90dHMgW0NvbXB1dGVyIEFpZCwgSW5jXQ==?=

RE: Vista Resolution Problem
I have the Radeon x1600 and had some resolution (and other issues) using
their beta drivers for Vista RTM. On 1/29, however, there was a new driver
(and Catalyst application) made available that's RTM itself. There is one
for your x800 now as well.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206..._enu_41241.exe

--Stan

"anej" wrote:

> HI
>
> I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to
> max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024.
> I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have
> Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem?
>
> Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?ZHIgYnVn?=

RE: Vista Resolution Problem
Hello.

After a great deal of research into this problem on my ATI based video card
and new Catalyst drivers, I found that removing the S-Video connector to my
television (second monitor) allowed both the WDDM driver from Microsoft and
the ATI drivers install and permit resolution up to 1280 x 1024.

It is suggested that you first go to the control panel and uninstall your
display device first (be sure to click the "remove drivers" box) and then let
windows install the WDDM device driver automatically. Afterward, install the
Catalyst Center package available at the www.ati.amd.com web site.

I hope this helps someone else out there.

"anej" wrote:

> HI
>
> I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to
> max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024.
> I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have
> Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem?
>
> Thank you

mikeyhsd

Re: Vista Resolution Problem
yep, disabling the SECOND display does allow the resolution of 1280X1024.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"anej" wrote:

> HI
>
> I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to
> max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024.
> I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have
> Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem?
>
> Thank you

JW

Re: Vista Resolution Problem
Thats probabaly because most desktop resolution to 480i S-Video scan converters will not handle a desktop dislay over 800x600 and if they do the max is 1024x768.