NVidia 6600

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

NVidia 6600
In my laptop I have an NVidia 6600 256 MB GPU and an alternate onboard
graphics card on my motherboard. there is a switch on the laptop to switch
between the two. Now that I have all the drivers installed and such Vista
recognizes my Nvidia card. The only problem is that when it rates my
computers performance it says that things relating to graphics are a 1.0 and
a 1.9 I'd assume that Vista is reading off my onboard graphics card
(interesting because I have the switch towards the better card). Any
insights?
JW

Re: NVidia 6600
What is your onboard card? If it is an Intel 950 graphics "card" if may
have about the same performance of your 6600 card depending on if you have a
standard 6600 card or a 6600GT card.
"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my laptop I have an NVidia 6600 256 MB GPU and an alternate onboard
> graphics card on my motherboard. there is a switch on the laptop to
> switch
> between the two. Now that I have all the drivers installed and such Vista
> recognizes my Nvidia card. The only problem is that when it rates my
> computers performance it says that things relating to graphics are a 1.0
> and
> a 1.9 I'd assume that Vista is reading off my onboard graphics card
> (interesting because I have the switch towards the better card). Any
> insights?

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: NVidia 6600
I'm not sure of the onboard but the Nvidia is a GeForce Go 6600 256 MB. I'm
more concerned about why Vista is rating my system so poorly when from what
I've heard all I'd need is a 128 MB GPU. It's not running the glass effects
and such.

"JW" wrote:

> What is your onboard card? If it is an Intel 950 graphics "card" if may
> have about the same performance of your 6600 card depending on if you have a
> standard 6600 card or a 6600GT card.
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In my laptop I have an NVidia 6600 256 MB GPU and an alternate onboard
> > graphics card on my motherboard. there is a switch on the laptop to
> > switch
> > between the two. Now that I have all the drivers installed and such Vista
> > recognizes my Nvidia card. The only problem is that when it rates my
> > computers performance it says that things relating to graphics are a 1.0
> > and
> > a 1.9 I'd assume that Vista is reading off my onboard graphics card
> > (interesting because I have the switch towards the better card). Any
> > insights?

JW

Re: NVidia 6600
Whioch release of NVIDIA Vista drivers do you have installed: 95.85.,
95.85, 97.46? and what release of Vista are you running? There are many
factors affecting the performace of the graphics, amount of memory is one of
them. Memory speed, Memory Bandiwdth and model of the cards Graphic
Processor Unit are often more important. And Yes a 6600 with 128MB should
support Aero as long as you have Vista drivers for it installed and if you
also have enough main memory. I has to up my main memory to over 512MB to
get Aero to work with 128MB of shared memory available to my onboard
graphics chip.
> I'm not sure of the onboard but the Nvidia is a GeForce Go 6600 256 MB.
> I'm
> more concerned about why Vista is rating my system so poorly when from
> what
> I've heard all I'd need is a 128 MB GPU. It's not running the glass
> effects
> and such.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> What is your onboard card? If it is an Intel 950 graphics "card" if may
>> have about the same performance of your 6600 card depending on if you
>> have a
>> standard 6600 card or a 6600GT card.
>> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In my laptop I have an NVidia 6600 256 MB GPU and an alternate onboard
>> > graphics card on my motherboard. there is a switch on the laptop to
>> > switch
>> > between the two. Now that I have all the drivers installed and such
>> > Vista
>> > recognizes my Nvidia card. The only problem is that when it rates my
>> > computers performance it says that things relating to graphics are a
>> > 1.0
>> > and
>> > a 1.9 I'd assume that Vista is reading off my onboard graphics card
>> > (interesting because I have the switch towards the better card). Any
>> > insights?

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: NVidia 6600
I'm running the business edition. Really my CPU should have the worst
performance on my machine. My Graphics card is a 256, I have 2 GB of RAM and
a 2.0 GH processor. That should be my lowest rating I'd assume because Vista
is optimized for 2 cores. When I started with the NVidia card on Vista
installed a set for my card and the description of my card was correct. It
just seems to not be picking it up...

"JW" wrote:

> Whioch release of NVIDIA Vista drivers do you have installed: 95.85.,
> 95.85, 97.46? and what release of Vista are you running? There are many
> factors affecting the performace of the graphics, amount of memory is one of
> them. Memory speed, Memory Bandiwdth and model of the cards Graphic
> Processor Unit are often more important. And Yes a 6600 with 128MB should
> support Aero as long as you have Vista drivers for it installed and if you
> also have enough main memory. I has to up my main memory to over 512MB to
> get Aero to work with 128MB of shared memory available to my onboard
> graphics chip.
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure of the onboard but the Nvidia is a GeForce Go 6600 256 MB.
> > I'm
> > more concerned about why Vista is rating my system so poorly when from
> > what
> > I've heard all I'd need is a 128 MB GPU. It's not running the glass
> > effects
> > and such.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> What is your onboard card? If it is an Intel 950 graphics "card" if may
> >> have about the same performance of your 6600 card depending on if you
> >> have a
> >> standard 6600 card or a 6600GT card.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: NVidia 6600
Ok, I've come to believe it is a driver issue. I've noticed that the driver
is a 7.something or other and it says it is for Windows 2000. But I've also
noticed that the latest Nvidia driver I downloaded to handle vista does not
find my card... Now I wonder if Windows supports the Go series of graphics
cards yet?

"JW" wrote:

> Whioch release of NVIDIA Vista drivers do you have installed: 95.85.,
> 95.85, 97.46? and what release of Vista are you running? There are many
> factors affecting the performace of the graphics, amount of memory is one of
> them. Memory speed, Memory Bandiwdth and model of the cards Graphic
> Processor Unit are often more important. And Yes a 6600 with 128MB should
> support Aero as long as you have Vista drivers for it installed and if you
> also have enough main memory. I has to up my main memory to over 512MB to
> get Aero to work with 128MB of shared memory available to my onboard
> graphics chip.
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure of the onboard but the Nvidia is a GeForce Go 6600 256 MB.
> > I'm
> > more concerned about why Vista is rating my system so poorly when from
> > what
> > I've heard all I'd need is a 128 MB GPU. It's not running the glass
> > effects
> > and such.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> What is your onboard card? If it is an Intel 950 graphics "card" if may
> >> have about the same performance of your 6600 card depending on if you
> >> have a
> >> standard 6600 card or a 6600GT card.

JW

Re: NVidia 6600
NVIDIa does not directly support the Laptop chips it is up to the laptop
vendors to support them,
Here is a link for the drivers you need:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./