Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?RmVycmFyaQ==?=

Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultimate
Hi there,

I have loaded a fresh RTM install of ultimate on a F5000. things looks
reasonable, but i cant display to the external monitor. i have an LCD
attached which works just fine with a F4000/XPSP2. The monitor auto-detects
when the cable is attached. on the F5000 i cant get the monitor to light up
with Fn/F5 (toggle).

Notes: when i setup Dual Monitor - then the monitor lights up just fine.
it's a MultiSYnc 20WMGX by NEC if that matters...

Also - the little icons for switching between monitors dont show up when
pressing Fn/F5, since this is a clean install & i dont have the Acer
drivers...

BTW, the Acer website sucks canal water. Still no drivers for Vista...

thanks for any help!!!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultimate
Monitor switching by hotkey would be a driver issue, which means Acer would
need to release Vista compatible drivers for it to work.

"Ferrari" <Ferrari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have loaded a fresh RTM install of ultimate on a F5000. things looks
> reasonable, but i cant display to the external monitor. i have an LCD
> attached which works just fine with a F4000/XPSP2. The monitor
> auto-detects
> when the cable is attached. on the F5000 i cant get the monitor to light
> up
> with Fn/F5 (toggle).
>
> Notes: when i setup Dual Monitor - then the monitor lights up just fine.
> it's a MultiSYnc 20WMGX by NEC if that matters...
>
> Also - the little icons for switching between monitors dont show up when
> pressing Fn/F5, since this is a clean install & i dont have the Acer
> drivers...
>
> BTW, the Acer website sucks canal water. Still no drivers for Vista...
>
> thanks for any help!!!

Craig Pringle

Re: Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultimate
Yes - the function keys will not work unless you have an Acer provided
driver. To connect the display mannually the easiest methid (I find) is:
1) Press Windows Key + X to launch the Windows Mobility Center
2) Click on the Connect Display button.

This will launch the display settings page so you can configure and position
the external monitor.

HTH

Craig
> Monitor switching by hotkey would be a driver issue, which means Acer
> would need to release Vista compatible drivers for it to work.

> "Ferrari" <Ferrari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have loaded a fresh RTM install of ultimate on a F5000. things looks
>> reasonable, but i cant display to the external monitor. i have an LCD
>> attached which works just fine with a F4000/XPSP2. The monitor
>> auto-detects
>> when the cable is attached. on the F5000 i cant get the monitor to light
>> up
>> with Fn/F5 (toggle).
>>
>> Notes: when i setup Dual Monitor - then the monitor lights up just fine.
>> it's a MultiSYnc 20WMGX by NEC if that matters...
>>
>> Also - the little icons for switching between monitors dont show up when
>> pressing Fn/F5, since this is a clean install & i dont have the Acer
>> drivers...
>>
>> BTW, the Acer website sucks canal water. Still no drivers for Vista...
>>
>> thanks for any help!!!

=?Utf-8?B?RmVycmFyaQ==?=

Re: Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultim

Hi Craig & Richard,

Thanks for the replies. unfortunately the suggestions didnt work. finally
i decided to visit ATI's website. FOund a new Vista driver! Woohoo.
downloaded it, but event with defaults, it didnt work. i had to specially
ask for the "Clone 2nd Monitor" to get it working...

All i need now is the card reader driver & Im all set!

thx.