Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?

VicTek

Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about Vista
support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

dirty old man

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
Try the Vista hardware compatibility list at:

https://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx

"VicTek" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message news:OBnIqhMQHHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
|I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
| know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
| will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
| supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about Vista
| support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
Check the Epson and HP websites for compatiblity info and Vista drivers.

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> Check the Epson and HP websites for compatiblity info and Vista drivers.
>
> "VicTek" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
>>know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
>>will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
>>supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about
>>Vista support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

I did find some information on the HP an Epson websites. Both claim that XP
drivers will continue to work and provide basic functionality to printers
and scanners under Vista. That sounds good, but can anyone confirm it?

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
I can't tell you about that specific HP scanner but I installed, as
dual boot, VISTA on my XP Pro machine which includes a HP ScanJet 5P
(!) scsi connected to an Adaptec 19160 scsi controller.

VISTA recognized them and they show up in Device manager without any
flags but I could not run the scanner.

When this happened in W2K I installed the older Deskscan 2.9 software
from HP which uses TWAIN to connect and as soon as I did that it gave
me the scanner test utility and the balloon went up beautifully (those
who don't know there's a hot air balloon that rises into the sky to
show that scanner passes its test).

The scanning software and the HP Copy Utility work fine.

I'm not saying that this offers a solution for you but all may not be
lost if at first it does not work.

Dominic Payer

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
For Epson:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...307103B24C8B96

For HP: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html

If a scanner does not have manufacturer's drivers see
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

"VicTek" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
>I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
>know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
>will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
>supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about
>Vista support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

Tom

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
It says on the Epson website that the scanner driver will be available for
download in January. But it's already the last day of Jan, there isn't
anything that we can dowload
yet. Hope that they can make the Epson Scan util available soon.

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@fsv.co.uk> ????
> For Epson:
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...307103B24C8B96
>
> For HP: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html
>
> If a scanner does not have manufacturer's drivers see
> http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported
>

> "VicTek" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
>>know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
>>will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
>>supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about
>>Vista support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

Dominic Payer

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
The download for my Epson 4180 was available on the 24th.

"Tom" <szchinazt@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> It says on the Epson website that the scanner driver will be available for
> download in January. But it's already the last day of Jan, there isn't
> anything that we can dowload
> yet. Hope that they can make the Epson Scan util available soon.
>

> "Dominic Payer" <dcp@fsv.co.uk> ????
>> For Epson:
>> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...307103B24C8B96
>>
>> For HP: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html
>>
>> If a scanner does not have manufacturer's drivers see
>> http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported
>>

>> "VicTek" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>>I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I
>>>know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner
>>>will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently
>>>supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about
>>>Vista support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA

Tony

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
Where did you download the Epson 4180 Vista driver?
I can't seem to find it on the web.
Can you please give me the link?
Thank you

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@fsv.co.uk> ????
> The download for my Epson 4180 was available on the 24th.
>

> "Tom" <szchinazt@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> It says on the Epson website that the scanner driver will be available
>> for download in January. But it's already the last day of Jan, there
>> isn't anything that we can dowload
>> yet. Hope that they can make the Epson Scan util available soon.
>>

>> "Dominic Payer" <dcp@fsv.co.uk> ????
>>> For Epson:
>>> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...307103B24C8B96
>>>
>>> For HP: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html
>>>
>>> If a scanner does not have manufacturer's drivers see
>>> http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

Dominic Payer

Re: Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM?
It's Epson Scan 3.0u.

Mine came from
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Sof...E7C6A7B0711521