Maxtor one touch mini

laceytee

Maxtor one touch mini
Can anyone help with my maxtor mini one touch lll...
I have the drivers in the system, but vista refuses to find it.. I have both
usb power cables plugged in, I also went to segates website and supposedly
chatted to a tech, NO FREEKING help... promptly at the time they close he
disconnected, I was told to contact Microsoft for the issue. The drive is
found in my xp comp with no prob, the drive is not locked, It shows up in dm
under usb controllers and not under harddrives not matter how I have tried to
get it to find it. I am open for ANY suggestions

Thanks

TheNetAvenger

Re: Maxtor one touch mini
Just a quick guess here, but rip off and don't let any 'auto-install'
drivers run when the drive is first connected. If you have to, uninstall the
drivers/rollback, etc or do a system restore to before you plugged the drive
in.

Many of these drivers 'self install' drivers that are un-needed for Vista
and the MFR's arrogance is causing users like yourself a lot of trouble.

"laceytee" <laceytee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help with my maxtor mini one touch lll...
> I have the drivers in the system, but vista refuses to find it.. I have
> both
> usb power cables plugged in, I also went to segates website and supposedly
> chatted to a tech, NO FREEKING help... promptly at the time they close he
> disconnected, I was told to contact Microsoft for the issue. The drive is
> found in my xp comp with no prob, the drive is not locked, It shows up in
> dm
> under usb controllers and not under harddrives not matter how I have tried
> get it to find it. I am open for ANY suggestions
>
> Thanks

Richard Urban

Re: Maxtor one touch mini
The programs that self install the first time you connect the OneTouch Mini
III are ***NOT*** Vista compatible. You have to go to the Maxtor web site to
get the Vista Versions.

The first thing I did with my Mini III was to delete all the crap off of the
drive. None of it is necessary, nor needed, to copy files to the drive. I
deleted the partition that was there and created/formatted a new partition.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User