Vista will not install - Help please.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlw?=

Vista will not install - Help please.
Hello guys.
I recieved my original Vista Ultimate 64bit yesterday, and I have been
trying to install it ever since.. It says I need a driver, for my cd/dvd. But
I dont have any of that kind.
cd/dvd Benq D60
Setup
Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5W Dh Deluxe
Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2
Western Digital Raptor 150gb (sata)
I would be glad for any help at all... Please help me
=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlw?=

RE: Vista will not install - Help please.
Can anyone please help me solve this problem
dirty old man

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
What do you mean it will not install?
You need to provide SPECIFIC information.

Where, how and when does it fail?
What are your hardware specs?

"Philip" <Philip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can anyone please help me solve this problem

Theo

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
Just as soon as the crystal balls start up again so someone
can find out exactly your problem is.

Since you don't take the time to give as many of the facts
about what's happening, no one can help you! I certainly
have absolutely have no idea what is happening and have
absolutely no idea how to advise you about a totally
mysterious problem!

Do you have a computer to start with?

Is it a functional computer?

Does it have a motherboard you can identify?

How much RAM does it have?

What kind of CPU do you have?

What kind of hard drive(s) do you have?

What video card do you have?

Does the DVD boot up?

Are you getting an error message?

If so, what is that error message?

What the hell is happening?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Philip wrote:
> Can anyone please help me solve this problem

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlw?=

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
okay sorry thought was I gave was enough...

The Computer has been working fine under windows xp. I then formattet the
harddrive and tried to install Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OEM.
It starts installing but then when its at point 1. it says it need a driver
for my cd/dvd drive. It just asks me for the driver, and says it cant
continue without them.
Spec's
Mainboard: Asus P5W Dh Deluxe
RAM: 4 x 1gb Ocz Platinium edition PC2-6400 CL4
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150 GB (s-ata)
Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2

dirty old man

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
Have you visited Asus's site for updated Vista drivers?

| okay sorry thought was I gave was enough...
|
| The Computer has been working fine under windows xp. I then formattet the
| harddrive and tried to install Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OEM.
| It starts installing but then when its at point 1. it says it need a driver
| for my cd/dvd drive. It just asks me for the driver, and says it cant
| continue without them.
| Spec's
| Mainboard: Asus P5W Dh Deluxe
| RAM: 4 x 1gb Ocz Platinium edition PC2-6400 CL4
| CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
| Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150 GB (s-ata)
| Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlw?=

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
yes, but I dont really know which ones to use.
dirty old man

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
Search for BIOS and driver updates for your specific mobo
and read the release notes.

P.S. You might want to set your news reader to include previous
posts so that people can see what you are responding to.

| yes, but I dont really know which ones to use.

Theo

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
What make and model is your DVD optical drive? I have seen
a lot of posts about problems with DVD drives not being
recognized in Vista, but I can't refer you to any specific
ones or posts.

Philip wrote:
> okay sorry thought was I gave was enough...
>
> The Computer has been working fine under windows xp. I then formattet the
> harddrive and tried to install Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OEM.
> It starts installing but then when its at point 1. it says it need a driver
> for my cd/dvd drive. It just asks me for the driver, and says it cant
> continue without them.
> Spec's
> Mainboard: Asus P5W Dh Deluxe
> RAM: 4 x 1gb Ocz Platinium edition PC2-6400 CL4
> CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
> Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150 GB (s-ata)
> Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Vista will not install - Help please.
You may have an incompatible cd/dvd drive. Or, assuming it is an IDE drive,
you may have an older ribbon cable that needs replacement. I saw a few
cases of this during the TechBeta. The first place to start is the device
manufacturer's website. If it is an older device there may not be any info.

I know Benq makes monitors, projectors, mice, and keyboards but I am coming
up with nothing concerning drives.