New LifeCam drivers serious problem

=?Utf-8?B?ZXNwb2ly?=

New LifeCam drivers serious problem
Hellow everyone. I was so happy today when I found new LifeCam
drivers/software for Vista, so I downloaded it, installed and... was really
disappointed

Here's a problem. Before LifeCam become available I used my NX-6000 with
Vista (x86) native drivers. It wasn't that great - some software didn't work
such as Skype or Flash-based web-cam chats. Some software worked great - Live
Messenger - every single time I started my webcam - it worked fine!

What's now? After having installed LifeCam my NX-6000 webcam starts not
every time I want it to. For example: I start my MS LifeCam - I see the
image, then I start it again and I see black screen instead of video. If I
unplug my webcam and plug it in again, my webcam work again. BUT NOT
EVERYTIME - SOMETIMES I NEED TO RESTART MY PC.

To cut my story short, after LifeCam 1.3 for Vista I need to unplug my
camera (or restart my PC) after every time I use it (no matter how - it may
be LifeCam, Messenger or Skype) - just one time and again to unplug.
Sometimes I can use it twice (!!) before I need to unplug again
(((((((((((((((((

Could anyone tell me how can I report this situation via email to the
support team... I really want my NX-6000 funciton properly in Vista...
=?Utf-8?B?ZXNwb2ly?=

RE: New LifeCam drivers serious problem
The problem is gone after installing update for Vista KB925528 from here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925528

Byron Hinson

Re: New LifeCam drivers serious problem
Yes, seems to fix a number of USB related problems for users.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveWin Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com

"espoir" <espoir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The problem is gone after installing update for Vista KB925528 from here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925528

=?Utf-8?B?U2VhdHRsZVNxdWlk?=

RE: New LifeCam drivers serious problem
I have the exact same problem... when I plugged my old logitech camera in,
Vista said flat out that this was not going to work. So i forked over the
$100 for a Life Cam NX-6000 from Microsoft. Even though the box says that it
is Vista compatible, the software in the box would not work. I thought it
was cool that Vista found the correct software on Microsoft's site and began
to download that for me... except I am have the exact same intermintent
problems you are have. It works 25% of the time... and if you change the
resolution.... forget about it... it will crash immediately. I guess I will
have to wait for a patch. I have had it a week and I have found several
programs that crash regularly besides this.