Lost Video Vista RTM

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Lost Video Vista RTM
Shut off machine 2 days ago, everything working fine. Turned it on today, no
video on screen. Not sure if it's Vista related. Running Vista Ultimate RTM
on an ASUS A8N32SLI Deluxe with a ATI All in Wonder X1900. I hear the bios
beeps as normal, the windows sound when the sign on screen comes on (no
video), even though I can't see anything on the screen I punch in my password
and I hear that sound when windows finishes starting. Nothing on screen.

I've reseated the video card, tried it in the other PCI E slot, etc.,
checked cables, etc.

Any ideas?
JW

Re: Lost Video Vista RTM
Are you hearing the normal BIOS beeps or are you also possibly hearing the
beeps meaning graphics/moniotr not working. Differnent models of BIOS use
different beep counts to mean different things. If you have another monitor
available you might try connecting it since the system appears to think that
it has a working monitor if the beeps are the normal beeps.
"DCELL" <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Shut off machine 2 days ago, everything working fine. Turned it on today,
> no
> video on screen. Not sure if it's Vista related. Running Vista Ultimate
> RTM
> on an ASUS A8N32SLI Deluxe with a ATI All in Wonder X1900. I hear the
> bios
> beeps as normal, the windows sound when the sign on screen comes on (no
> video), even though I can't see anything on the screen I punch in my
> password
> and I hear that sound when windows finishes starting. Nothing on screen.
>
> I've reseated the video card, tried it in the other PCI E slot, etc.,
> checked cables, etc.
>
> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: Lost Video Vista RTM
Also I've gone to another machine on the workgroup, I can see/access all the
shared drives/folders on the machine with the problem.

"DCELL" wrote:

> Shut off machine 2 days ago, everything working fine. Turned it on today, no
> video on screen. Not sure if it's Vista related. Running Vista Ultimate RTM
> on an ASUS A8N32SLI Deluxe with a ATI All in Wonder X1900. I hear the bios
> beeps as normal, the windows sound when the sign on screen comes on (no
> video), even though I can't see anything on the screen I punch in my password
> and I hear that sound when windows finishes starting. Nothing on screen.
>
> I've reseated the video card, tried it in the other PCI E slot, etc.,
> checked cables, etc.
>
> Any ideas?

Roy Coorne

Re: Lost Video Vista RTM
DCELL wrote:
> Also I've gone to another machine on the workgroup, I can see/access all the
> shared drives/folders on the machine with the problem.

Did you try another monitor on your PC?

> "DCELL" wrote:
>
>> Shut off machine 2 days ago, everything working fine. Turned it on today, no
>> video on screen. Not sure if it's Vista related. Running Vista Ultimate RTM
>> on an ASUS A8N32SLI Deluxe with a ATI All in Wonder X1900. I hear the bios
>> beeps as normal, the windows sound when the sign on screen comes on (no
>> video), even though I can't see anything on the screen I punch in my password
>> and I hear that sound when windows finishes starting. Nothing on screen.
>>
>> I've reseated the video card, tried it in the other PCI E slot, etc.,
>> checked cables, etc.
>>
>> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Re: Lost Video Vista RTM
Roy/JW,
When in doubt, check the obvious.........
Plugged in another monitor, got video on screen. Geeze, it's a brand new LG
L1932TQ Flatron.........
Thanks, Jim