Re: Hardware still missing drivers support...

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpZ2h0RXllczAyNQ==?=

Re: Hardware still missing drivers support...
I just wondering why we as personal users are forced to go out and get all
new or stick with old. Why cant there be away to make it easyer to obtain the
new OS with compatable hardware or maybe they could just find away to take
and make the new feachers work in the old OS if they would make the parant
controls they have in Vista for XP all versions there would be no reason for
me to upgrade at this time to vista. However if I whant the control to
protected my kids than I really should up grade to vista. And if I do that I
have to buy a new video card and maybe new sound because what i have will not
work right. Than to have to do it on the other computers this is a costly
upgrade that I have had to do with the upgrade from 98 to 200 than to xp and
now vista. Personaly I think its a shame they dont try to find away to
inprove what they have and yes I would pay for the parantcontrols that vista
had if they would work in xp and not just the family safe but all the parant
controls it is the first OS to give me total control even when Im not home.
And Im sure Im not the only parant that has this problem they whant the
control but not the expinse becasue its just to much to upgrade 3 personal
computers thats 3 OS's at anywhere from 190-300 thats to much and that dont
included what needs to be upgraded in the system its self to work. Just a
thought

"JW" wrote:

> It is not up to Microsoft to insure that the providers of hardware that can
> run on Vista or any other operating system provide drivers when Microsoft
> itself releases the OS itself.
> According to one press report there were 19,000 drivers contained in the
> Vista RTM release and another 11,000 were available via Winupdate at the
> time of the Gold RTM.
> "I'm pissed" <I'm pissed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can tell you that Vista b. is released last week for my business.
> > I have installed the official released version on the latest HP laptops
> > (NC6320 & NC6400).
> > Although they nicely recornize the SATA hardware (thank God, XP sucks in
> > this), almost all other basic lagecy isn't available.
> > Simply a USB2 hub driver (NO).
> > My HP 8450 printer (NO)
> > Intergrated Fingerprint sensor (NO)
> > Intelli Mouse and Keyboard (NO)
> > Mass Storage Controller (No)
> >
> > and all other external hardware, like IR stick.
> >
> > This should all be ready before they provided me the new OS.
> >
> > It sucks big time
> >

> > "mlai" wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I am not even going to talk about "legacy" hardware...... I have a
> >> HP
> >> printer C6180 which came out last month.......

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90MTAwcGVyY2VudHN1cmU=?=

Re: Hardware still missing drivers support...
There are so many posts here and i am not sure if mine fits but im trying
anyway. I have a 1 year old Dell XPS600 with Windows XP. I am trying to
simply upgrade it to Vista. During the Compatibility Report part, i get a
install stop error: "You must make the following changes before installing
Windows: Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for
updated driver softwarefor these devices: - SCSI and RAID controllers:
SAMSUNG HD160JJ/P. At the point, i can not go any further. I contacted
SAMSUNG and they informed me that they are not ready to support Vista yet.
They couldn't even give me and ECD. Is there any work-around for this? Is
that my answer about upgrading to Vista?