NVidia FX5200

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

NVidia FX5200
I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
unsupported graphics card.

Any ideas?
Rick Rogers

Re: NVidia FX5200
Hi,

Bad news. IIRC, Nvidia has decided not to support the 5000 series for Vista
and Aero.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
> RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
> from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
> unsupported graphics card.
>
> Any ideas?

Neil

Re: NVidia FX5200
The drivers that Vista installed worked fine for my 5200. I've read
elsewhere that if you upgrade you lose Aero (probably not a bad thing!)

,
> > from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have

> > unsupported graphics card.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: NVidia FX5200
The 6000 series cards will be on their way out soon too.. .. fortunately,
they do support Aero.. that is until Rowntree Mackintosh reclaim their
trademark..

> Hi,
>
> Bad news. IIRC, Nvidia has decided not to support the 5000 series for
> Vista and Aero.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
>> RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
>> from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
>> unsupported graphics card.
>>
>> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

Re: NVidia FX5200
So what card would be a good suggestion to replace the 5200 with

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> The 6000 series cards will be on their way out soon too.. .. fortunately,
> they do support Aero.. that is until Rowntree Mackintosh reclaim their
> trademark..

> > Hi,
> >
> > Bad news. IIRC, Nvidia has decided not to support the 5000 series for
> > Vista and Aero.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
> >> RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
> >> from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
> >> unsupported graphics card.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

Neil

Re: NVidia FX5200
I'd wait a while and get one that supports DX10

Rowntree Mackintosh??? it's Nestle' now!

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> The 6000 series cards will be on their way out soon too.. ..

fortunately,
> they do support Aero.. that is until Rowntree Mackintosh reclaim their
> trademark..

> > Hi,
> >
> > Bad news. IIRC, Nvidia has decided not to support the 5000 series for
> > Vista and Aero.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for

the
> >> RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86

,
> >> from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have

> >> unsupported graphics card.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

Steve Urbach

Re: NVidia FX5200
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:29:01 -0800, Paul
<Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
>RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
>from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
>unsupported graphics card.
>
>Any ideas?

With RC2, the WDM drivers that downloaded from MS worked. Did you try
those?
dev

Re: NVidia FX5200
/Paul/ said:

> I am trying to get some drivers for my NVidia FX5200 graphics card for the
> RTM version of Vista. I have downloaded the GeForce drivers, 97.46 X86 ,
> from the NVidia site but when I try to install them it says that I have a
> unsupported graphics card.

Using a FX5200 (128Mb) here on RC2 with the 96.85 driver. Aero works
just fine; same for the 96.33 driver.

Unless you are into heavy gaming, CAD or movie making, there may be
little reason to upgrade - especially if the motherboard supports only
AGP, which is being replaced by PCI-E.

Unless there is a video problem, no need to update a video driver each
time NVidia puts a new one up . New features may not be of use to you,
or may not be capable of implementation on your PC.

Consider waiting a year or two, then spring for a new board and video
card or even a new PC if and when the time and need are right.

But, if you simply must use the latest driver now, visit here...
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

A manual tweak can also be made to the .inf file, to allow 97.46 to
install. After Vista's official home release NVidia may have new
support options for older cards, and fully implement its new control panel.
I suggest that you wait and see...
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: NVidia FX5200
I've been away from home a long time.. I guess it shows, huh..

"Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'd wait a while and get one that supports DX10
>
> Rowntree Mackintosh??? it's Nestle' now!
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message
>> The 6000 series cards will be on their way out soon too.. ..

> fortunately,
>> they do support Aero.. that is until Rowntree Mackintosh reclaim their
>> trademark..
>>

>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Bad news. IIRC, Nvidia has decided not to support the 5000 series for
>> > Vista and Aero.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best of Luck,
>> >
>> > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>> >
>> > "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> the

> ,

Charlie

Re: NVidia FX5200
I have this card and it works fine. I just use the drivers that Vista
installed.