Intel CS630 Webcam

Chris Buchan

Intel CS630 Webcam
Hi all, got my copy of VISTA Ultimate yesterday, all is well apart from when
I try to start my webcam on MSN my computer crashes out and restarts. I have
a had a look online and cant find any drivers for this product online for
vista so installed the XP ones. Does anyone have a webcam which works on msn
(had a look on Logitech's' website and the ones they say will work with
VISTA has in brackets the the video calling feature will only work with XP).
I didn't get much time to mess around last night but is there any way to run
a device in xp compatibility mode, along the same lines as software.

Cheers

Richard G. Harper

Re: Intel CS630 Webcam
There's no way to run hardware in "XP Mode", and if you used compatibility
mode to install the drivers for your webcam that's probably what's causing
your current problems. Your best bet is to wait for or find a camera with
native Vista drivers and software. Google should help with this, I would
think.

"Chris Buchan" <chris.buchan@scotia-computing.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, got my copy of VISTA Ultimate yesterday, all is well apart from
> when
> I try to start my webcam on MSN my computer crashes out and restarts. I
> have
> a had a look online and cant find any drivers for this product online for
> vista so installed the XP ones. Does anyone have a webcam which works on
> msn
> (had a look on Logitech's' website and the ones they say will work with
> VISTA has in brackets the the video calling feature will only work with
> XP).
> I didn't get much time to mess around last night but is there any way to
> run
> a device in xp compatibility mode, along the same lines as software.

dirty old man

Re: Intel CS630 Webcam
I have the Logitech QuickCam Pro5000 and the latest (10.5) drivers
are working very well (both Vista x86 and x64 -- RC2). Although, I
have not used the video calling feature, I cannot find any reference to
this feature only working in XP in the release notes for this driver.