Realtek Sound Drivers

Or Tsemah

Realtek Sound Drivers
Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?

--
Or Tsemah
YSIDE
Chas

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
"Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
> Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?

What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I find
_most_ annoying.

Any clues appreciated.

'Kay,
Chiz!
Chas.

Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a Celeron
3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't be
arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)

dirty old man

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
BSOD = B lue S sreen O f Death

"Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:8bKdnU8SPvCBtyjYRVnyhgA@bt.com...
| "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
| > Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?
|
| What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
| motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
| DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I find
| _most_ annoying.
|
| Any clues appreciated.
|
| 'Kay,
| Chiz!
| Chas.
|
| Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a Celeron
| 3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't be
| arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)

Chas

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
Aha! No - touchwood, I've had no bluescreening from Vista yet. Given this
machine is borderline on spec and cobbled together from bits, that's not
bad, then.

"dirty old man" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
> BSOD = B lue S sreen O f Death
>
> "Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> | "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
> | > Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?
> |
> | What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
> | motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
> | DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I
> find
> | _most_ annoying.
> |
> | Any clues appreciated.
> |
> | 'Kay,
> | Chiz!
> | Chas.
> |
> | Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a Celeron
> | 3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't
> be
> | arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)

dirty old man

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
I do not have a Realtek card in my system, but I have heard in
here that there are Vista specific drivers for the AC'97. Perhaps
a Google search might lead you to them>

"Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:v9qdnRbzWLU6qSjYnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@bt.com...
| Aha! No - touchwood, I've had no bluescreening from Vista yet. Given this
| machine is borderline on spec and cobbled together from bits, that's not
| bad, then.
|
| "dirty old man" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
| > BSOD = B lue S sreen O f Death
| >
| > "Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message
| > | "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > | What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
| > | motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
| > | DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I
| > find
| > | _most_ annoying.
| > |
| > | Any clues appreciated.
| > |
| > | 'Kay,
| > | Chiz!
| > | Chas.
| > |
| > | Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a Celeron
| > | 3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't
| > be
| > | arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)
| > |

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
It must be nice to have to ask.

"dirty old man" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
> BSOD = B lue S sreen O f Death
>
> "Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> | "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
> | > Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?
> |
> | What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
> | motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
> | DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I
> find
> | _most_ annoying.
> |
> | Any clues appreciated.
> |
> | 'Kay,
> | Chiz!
> | Chas.
> |
> | Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a Celeron
> | 3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't
> be
> | arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

RE: Realtek Sound Drivers
I'm using Realtek's beta Vista driver and had no problems so far.

"Or Tsemah" wrote:

> Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?
>
> --
> Or Tsemah
> YSIDE

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: Realtek Sound Drivers
My initial install of VISTA Ultimate RTM, after installing the Realtek AC97
drivers I got initially (they came out in December), Control Panel would
crash windows explorer. The current Realtek drivers (
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...tDown=false#AC
) for Vista, dated 1/11/07 fixed that issue and I've had no problems since
reverting back to prior to installing the ones from December and then
installing the ones from January. No BSODs with the ones from December but
it did crash explorer. If you're not using the drivers dated 1/11/07, try
them.

"Or Tsemah" wrote:

> Did someone found the new Vista realtek driver to cause BSODs ?
>
> --
> Or Tsemah
> YSIDE

Chas

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
I've simply always referred to this as 'Bluescreening'. It's not that I've
never seen one, just I don't tend to use acronyms, since they cause
confusion. As do bluescreens... ;-)

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> It must be nice to have to ask.
>
> "dirty old man" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
>> BSOD = B lue S sreen O f Death
>>
>> "Chas" <chucjhb@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> | "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
>> |
>> | What's a BSOD? I have Realtek AC'97 sound architecture built into my
>> | motherboard and I found, after finding that Vista didn't support it and
>> | DLing the XP driver for it, that it has a permanent echo effect which I
>> find
>> | _most_ annoying.
>> |
>> | Any clues appreciated.
>> |
>> | 'Kay,
>> | Chiz!
>> | Chas.
>> |
>> | Vista evaluation version 5600, Mboard has 512 Mb of RAM and is a
>> Celeron
>> | 3.06Ghz. More than that I can't get Vista to explain to me and I can't
>> be
>> | arsed fetching the packaging the board came in either. ;-)

Or Tsemah

Re: Realtek Sound Drivers
Yes, i use those drivers...

I get BSOD Sometimes