Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3

Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]

Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Hi,

I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.

All I get is the following error:

On the device:
ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014

On the desktop:
Error:
View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.

I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?

I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
(except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).

--
Shijaz Abdulla
MVP - ISA Server

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a
nail."

Richard G. Harper

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Disconnect the device.
Uninstall the MDC B3 software.
Reboot.
Reinstall the MDC B3 software.
Reboot.
Connect the device.

Follow the above steps exactly - no cheating! - and it should sort out your
problems. If not, wander on back. :-)

"Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" <shijaz@shijaz.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
> new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
> partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
>
> All I get is the following error:
>
> On the device:
> ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
>
> On the desktop:
> Error:
> View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>
> I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
> PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
>
> I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
> (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
>
> --
> Shijaz Abdulla
> MVP - ISA Server
>
> "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like
> a nail."

=?Utf-8?B?SHlUZWtKb3No?=

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
I am having the same issue and the suggestion unfortunately did not work.

I have installed the Windows Mobile Device Center application (Beta 3) on
both my laptop and desktop. My laptop synced without issue, however, my
desktop throws the following information in the log:

Sync started with Joshua's Smartphone
Sync failed with Joshua's Smartphone
View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.

I am running Outlook 2007 on both PCs.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Disconnect the device.
> Uninstall the MDC B3 software.
> Reboot.
> Reinstall the MDC B3 software.
> Reboot.
> Connect the device.
>
> Follow the above steps exactly - no cheating! - and it should sort out your
> problems. If not, wander on back. :-)

> "Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" <shijaz@shijaz.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
> > new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
> > partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
> >
> > All I get is the following error:
> >
> > On the device:
> > ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
> >
> > On the desktop:
> > Error:
> > View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
> >
> > I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
> > PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
> >
> > I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
> > (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
> >
> > --
> > Shijaz Abdulla
> > MVP - ISA Server
> >
> > "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like
> > a nail."

Richard G. Harper

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
I think you can only sync email from one Outlook instance, so if both are
configured to use Outlook to sync email you'll need to pick one or the other
to sync email, everything else should be okay.

"HyTekJosh" <HyTekJosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same issue and the suggestion unfortunately did not work.
>
> I have installed the Windows Mobile Device Center application (Beta 3) on
> both my laptop and desktop. My laptop synced without issue, however, my
> desktop throws the following information in the log:
>
> Sync started with Joshua's Smartphone
> Sync failed with Joshua's Smartphone
> View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>
> I am running Outlook 2007 on both PCs.
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> Disconnect the device.
>> Uninstall the MDC B3 software.
>> Reboot.
>> Reinstall the MDC B3 software.
>> Reboot.
>> Connect the device.
>>
>> Follow the above steps exactly - no cheating! - and it should sort out
>> your
>> problems. If not, wander on back. :-)

>> "Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" <shijaz@shijaz.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I
>> > got a
>> > new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
>> > partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
>> >
>> > All I get is the following error:
>> >
>> > On the device:
>> > ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code:
>> > 0x85010014
>> >
>> > On the desktop:
>> > Error:
>> > View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>> >
>> > I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and
>> > the
>> > PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
>> >
>> > I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
>> > (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
>> >
>> > --
>> > Shijaz Abdulla
>> > MVP - ISA Server
>> >
>> > "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look
>> > like
>> > a nail."

=?Utf-8?B?SHlUZWtKb3No?=

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
I don't sync email at all on either PC -- only contacts, calendar, tasks.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> I think you can only sync email from one Outlook instance, so if both are
> configured to use Outlook to sync email you'll need to pick one or the other
> to sync email, everything else should be okay.

> "HyTekJosh" <HyTekJosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same issue and the suggestion unfortunately did not work.
> >
> > I have installed the Windows Mobile Device Center application (Beta 3) on
> > both my laptop and desktop. My laptop synced without issue, however, my
> > desktop throws the following information in the log:
> >
> > Sync started with Joshua's Smartphone
> > Sync failed with Joshua's Smartphone
> > View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
> >
> > I am running Outlook 2007 on both PCs.
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> Disconnect the device.
> >> Uninstall the MDC B3 software.
> >> Reboot.
> >> Reinstall the MDC B3 software.
> >> Reboot.
> >> Connect the device.
> >>
> >> Follow the above steps exactly - no cheating! - and it should sort out
> >> your
> >> problems. If not, wander on back. :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Richard G. Harper

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Sorry - I'm out of ideas.

>I don't sync email at all on either PC -- only contacts, calendar, tasks.
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> I think you can only sync email from one Outlook instance, so if both are
>> configured to use Outlook to sync email you'll need to pick one or the
>> other
>> to sync email, everything else should be okay.

>> "HyTekJosh" <HyTekJosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having the same issue and the suggestion unfortunately did not
>> >work.
>> >
>> > I have installed the Windows Mobile Device Center application (Beta 3)
>> > on
>> > both my laptop and desktop. My laptop synced without issue, however, my
>> > desktop throws the following information in the log:
>> >
>> > Sync started with Joshua's Smartphone
>> > Sync failed with Joshua's Smartphone
>> > View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>> >
>> > I am running Outlook 2007 on both PCs.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUw==?=

RE: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
I have the same problem with my RTM Home Premium Vista. I hope there is a fix
soon!
--
AMD-FX-60
2gb OCZ Plat. memory

"Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
> new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
> partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
>
> All I get is the following error:
>
> On the device:
> ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
>
> On the desktop:
> Error:
> View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>
> I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
> PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
>
> I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
> (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
>
> --
> Shijaz Abdulla
> MVP - ISA Server
>
> "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a
> nail."

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUw==?=

RE: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Go here for the fix:
http://www.tabletquestions.com/pocke...ter-vista.html
--

"Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
> new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
> partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
>
> All I get is the following error:
>
> On the device:
> ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
>
> On the desktop:
> Error:
> View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
>
> I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
> PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
>
> I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
> (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
>
> --
> Shijaz Abdulla
> MVP - ISA Server
>
> "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a
> nail."

=?Utf-8?B?SHlUZWtKb3No?=

RE: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Still no go...I am prompted for my PPC PIN so I don't think the Firewall is
the issue. Its been on the automatic (recommended) settings from the
beginning.

Any other ideas? I am at a loss as to why the sync worked on my laptop but
not my desktop.

Thank you!

"Chris S" wrote:

> Go here for the fix:
> http://www.tabletquestions.com/pocke...ter-vista.html
> --
> AMD-FX-60
> 2gb OCZ Plat. memory
> ATI 1800 AIW
> 2x74gb Raptors in RAID-0
> 2x400gb WD HDD in RAID-1
> Epox Nvidia-4 Ultra M/B
> Senior Member Overclockers.com
>

> "Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a
> > new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync
> > partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once.
> >
> > All I get is the following error:
> >
> > On the device:
> > ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
> >
> > On the desktop:
> > Error:
> > View status%ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
> >
> > I tried deleting and recreating the partnership on both the device and the
> > PC. I'm running out of ideas - has anybody faced the same issue before?
> >
> > I was previously using an i-mate PDA2k, and it sync'd well with Vista
> > (except that MS Money data didn't synchronize).
> >
> > --
> > Shijaz Abdulla
> > MVP - ISA Server
> >
> > "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a
> > nail."

Richard E. Thiess

Re: Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3
Yesterday, I downloaded (upgraded to) the latest Windows Vista Upgrade
Advisor, installed and ran it. It came back with the following message
regarding ActiveSync 4.2: This program has compatibility issues and will not
work in Windows Vista. For more information, go to the vendor's website.

Of coarse, we all know who the vendor is.

Regarding upgrading from XP to Vista, this is a deal killer for me.

Regards,
Richard